type fo MOSFET to design hardware)

Smart Idea

Joined Jan 13, 2018
How can take switch value (type of MOSFET to design hardware), If I have Dual Sepic converter, take the input voltages from 10v to 30v and the output constant 13v, by using PID control?

Dual Sepic converter​

-live wire-

Joined Dec 22, 2017
use PID control in Arduino to control switch
Not necessarily an arduino. It may not be the best suited microcontroller for this application. Here is what you need for good efficiency, good regulation, and small components:
-fast switching speed on the FET. This reduces L/C component size and allows you to react to changes in voltage/load quicker. I mean 75-450kHz.
-good PWM resolution. Do you want steps of 300mV or 30mV? the PWM resolution determines this. I recommend at least 8 bits, ideally 10+.
-a good mosfet driver.

You will want something, like the ESP32, that has a fast clock. The esp32 has a clock of 240MHz. That means you can do a 10 bit 240 kHz PWM. This gives you 30/1024 = 30mV resolution and lets you use small L/C components. Most of the arduinos have a 16MHz clock, meaning lower resolution and lower frequency. You will need to use a mosfet driver if you want optimal efficiency.

Use a linear regulator for powering the arduino. It should not draw too much current, so not too much power will be dissipated. One important thing. Control the gate of the mosfet with your power supply (through another FET) because a fet may need an amp or two at the gate at those frequencies.