two sensors to trigger one e-stop

BradK

Joined Feb 4, 2019
So i am probably over thinking this and likely have already made a good circuit on paper but i don't do these thing often and want to be sure.

I have TWO proximity sensors, NO, that when BOTH are closed/triggered will open a NC E-Stop circuit.

the prox. sensors are M18 HT series 180c normally open
the E-stop circuit is already there with a push/pull button.

the use? the sensors are going to be triggered/closed when its corresponding nozzle (plastic extruder) is closed. the extruder head has two nozzles and of course we will have one nozzle out and one in at a time, if both are out that's fine (doesn't shot parts but wont break anything) but when both nozzles are in/closed we need to trigger the E-stop to kill power to the extruder motor so not to cause pressure build up and blow the head off. I currently have the nozzles manually tied together so it can't happen but some people who know nothing want to be able to run the nozzles independent for some unknown reason.

LesJones

Joined Jan 8, 2017
Just connect the NC contacts on the proximity sensors in series and in series with the coil of a relay. Then connect the NC contact on the relay in series with the E stop loop.

Les.

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
Looks like they are 3 wire PNP OC output, you may have to set up a small aux circuit with the outputs ANDed and pick up a small relay.
They need to be fed from 24vdc.
You may have been better off with 2 wire NC versions, then you could have placed them in the E-stop string, as many are 24vdc in nature.
Max.

LesJones

Joined Jan 8, 2017
Hi Brad,
Ignore my reply in post #2. I did no bother to search for the data sheet on your sensors. I assumed that there outputs were just s set of NO contacts. Just follow Max's advice.

Les.