What's missing?

• Transistor?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • D1?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

NJSmirk

Joined Jun 27, 2017
I bought a cheap cell phone detector called a ghost detector that does absolutely nothing.
It could probably be tweaked somehow to make it functional but I don't know where to begin.
I opened it up so I could photo the inside.IMG_20170806_144026.jpg IMG_20170806_144244.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Alec_t

Joined Sep 17, 2013
Welcome to AAC!
a ghost detector that does absolutely nothing
That's what they all do :). What are you expecting it to do? Without that info, a schematic of the circuit and some sharply focussed images there's not much we can do to help.

bertus

Joined Apr 5, 2008
Hello,

Looking at the antenna, the detector was likely made for the vintage handheld telephones used in homes.
Many of those where working at 27 Mhz.

Bertus

NJSmirk

Joined Jun 27, 2017
Welcome to AAC!

That's what they all do :). What are you expecting it to do? Without that info, a schematic of the circuit and some sharply focussed images there's not much we can do to help.
I at least expected it to detect a known present device. It lights up when I press the buttons but Ive never heard a beep or seen the lights flash even when held directly over a working phone (as shown in the suggested demo video )

NJSmirk

Joined Jun 27, 2017
Hello,

Looking at the antenna, the detector was likely made for the vintage handheld telephones used in homes.
Many of those where working at 27 Mhz.

Bertus
Could be but the instructions state that it will find hidden phones and cameras which is what I got it for. I think something is not working on this thing.
Love your cat by the way. I had a male Tabby named Brutus. He was the Alpha cat of the litter and ruled with an iron paw..