Hey all. I am trying to work on a real life simulator for a magnetic pickup without using an actual working motor. Currently I am trying to simulate a pump jack rpm speed sensor and have no problem using a 12-17 volt supply to simulate the speed sensor. What I need help with is I want to show the "speed signal" fluxuate so that my demonstration can show my motor slowing down and even stopping without having to open the door and remove the power supply. Also, this would be used to simualte the motor warming up and picking up speed. Is a potentiometer the way to go with an added resistor to dial in the speed I am looking for? Or is there another device out there (cheap) that I can use to change the voltage and speed signal? So no matter what the speed signal is showing I can change the rpm count by changing my teeth count, what I need is the best way to fluxuate the power signal with a rotating positional arm liek that of a potentiometor or reostat. Thanks for all your help.