Trying to Complete Project but Got the Error espcomm_sync failed

ryanbrown204

Joined Feb 20, 2018
Hi All,

I am trying to complete a project similar to the one shown below but I am using a 3 prong DHT instead of the 4 pronged one in the picture. Other than that that is the only deviation that I have made to the original design. I have received 4 errors/ warning that is preventing me from completing this project. I have researched and have can up with no reasonable explanation as to why it is not allowing me to upload. Can I please get some assistance. Thanks!

Errors
warning: espcomm_sync failed
error: espcomm_open failed
error: espcomm_upload_mem failed
error: espcomm_upload_mem failed

Attachments

I know it can be difficult for new AAC members to understand, but the more you reveal the details, the greater the likelihood of getting help. Otherwise, there is a lot of guessing.

So, my 2 guesses are:

1. You are using the Arduino IDE and you do not have the board/port correctly identified

2. You are using a version of Windows that is particularly annoyed with the CP102 driver (or it hasn't been installed) and it is probably some CH340 variant.

be80be

Joined Jul 5, 2008
If your using a nodemcu use the 0.9 for board and make sure you set for the right comport
under ports.
I have a 1.0 and it will not program as a 1.0

I get the same errors you posted.

But if it doesn't show up under ports you have to tell us what OS your using.
newer ubuntu doesn't need know drivers and I have not had to install any on windows 10 but some say they have to .