Trojan

playstation.aneesh

Joined Jan 8, 2008
Any good software for removing the trojan virus

1. I get a encoded text like a chinese symbol when i right click any drive instead of open or explore option
2. Computer restarts when attempting to open command prompt
3. 2 programs .exe and .exe without any icons are placed in d drive ,runs in processes
4. My game shortcut icons looses its link and asks me to browse its target folder.i need to crack the game or replace the exe file everytime to launch the game.

Need a solution

S_lannan

Joined Jun 20, 2007
reformat the hard-disc
reinstall your os
don't use cracks or the internet.

or....
install only legit software
use a virus scanner

Dave

Joined Nov 17, 2003
Two things:

1) System Restore to a point previous to problems. If the Trojan has jumped in the System Restore settings then you will still have a problem.

2) Clean the system in Safe Mode using AVG, Avast and AntiVir (all free). Get Spybot, Ad-aware and AVG anti-spyware and scan with them. Remove what it finds. Clear your system restore points.

Failing that, back up your data and reformat.

Dave

recca02

Joined Apr 2, 2007
Try the latest AVG or avast. or get virus definition upgraded.

If that fails try system restore..

If that fails as well then try a simple re installation of OS. That will remove all registries and make all softwares dysfunctional unless you reinstall them all(settings remain intact).
this will also make the virus dysfunctional..However the Virus will remain on your pc and you will have to identify and delete it yourself...Be careful as to not trigger the virus again..avoid double click opening of any drive..and the remove all suspicious files by deleting them.

OR wait patiently till an anti virus software comes with a remedy..(I think these guys work in collaboration )

playstation.aneesh

Joined Jan 8, 2008
Thanks buddies.
That was a good info .Sharing ma friends copy of AVG 8.0 today.. reinstalling OS.........Me buying new set of pc games from shop.No more torrent downloading..

D-MAN

Joined Mar 25, 2008
get Eset Nod32, it detects and cleans better than AVG, even its Trial version functions like a full version and its fully updatable up to 30 days.... and unlike AVG, Nod32 is not resource hungry...

Dave

Joined Nov 17, 2003
get Eset Nod32, it detects and cleans better than AVG, even its Trial version functions like a full version and its fully updatable up to 30 days.... and unlike AVG, Nod32 is not resource hungry...
Does Nod32 remove malware in the free version?

Dave

Dave

Joined Nov 17, 2003
Kaspersky regularly scores the highest detection rates of all the major AV products. Nod32 has a better heuristics scanner.

Dave