Treadmill Troubleshooting Pacemaster Pro Club LT

shadetreemechanic

Joined Mar 4, 2015
Hey guys.

Pacemaster Pro Club LT treadmill stopped working. All of the dash lights work. However, the incline motor NOR the treadmill motor will operate. I can "trick" the controls into thinking that it's working...by manually moving the belt (insert picture of Fred Flintstone driving here)...and the distance meter and timer will both start counting. However, if I do not manually turn the belt, then within a few seconds of hitting the start button, it throws out error code 31 (speed sensor).

My question is this...I have searched the internet for some time looking for a wiring diagram for this unit. I cannot seem to locate one. In order to start troubleshooting, I'd like to understand how the power supply and motor controller work. Can anyone help, please?

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
I suspect that the high voltage DC is not present for some reason such as fuse or something common to both motors on the high DC, the low level logic voltage is obviously OK.
You could post a pic of the main board and see if anything stands out.
Max.

shadetreemechanic

Joined Mar 4, 2015
Here are some pictures of the main pcb in the base of the treadmill.

The incline motor says 120V AC, while the treadmill motor is a 3hp DC 12V motor. What would cause both of them to quit at the same time?

Again, if anyone has a schematic...I would very much be grateful. Thanks in advance.

IMG_3767.JPG IMG_3768.JPG IMG_3769.JPG

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
Have you checked the two fuses F1 & F3, there is a small fuse F2 but I would not suspect that one.
Are you sure the main motor is 12v? Very unusual to be that low a voltage.
Max.

shadetreemechanic

Joined Mar 4, 2015
Yes, I did a continuity check on F1 and F3 (with the fuses out). Did NOT check F2.

No obvious signs of arcing or burn marks visible anywhere on the board.

And you are probably right about the voltage. Sorry about that. I am at work, so I can't check it right away, but I bet you're right. My bad.

shadetreemechanic

Joined Mar 4, 2015
I googled "Aerobics 9501001", but I still can't seem to find an appropriate schematic. Can anyone help?

Otherwise, this thing will be headed for a dumpster...and it was an expensive unit (10 years ago).

Alec_t

Joined Sep 17, 2013
Have you checked that 12V is getting to the coil of that chunky black relay and that the coil shows continuity?