Treadmill Problem

jscolly

Joined Dec 3, 2017
I doubt very much it is the motor, it can be tested on an automotive battery.
I agree with @R!f@@ it is most likely a shorted Mosfet if it were a shorted SCR bridge component it would blow right away without even running.
Is there any identification model on the board?
Max.
I doubt very much it is the motor, it can be tested on an automotive battery.
I agree with @R!f@@ it is most likely a shorted Mosfet if it were a shorted SCR bridge component it would blow right away without even running.
Is there any identification model on the board?
Max.
Hi, I have a Reebok 11300 with a similar problem. Checked the motor with Automotive Battery and it ran OK. Found blown Mosfet on Control Board and replaced but immediately blew fuse. Examined motor commutator and there was a burn [like tiny weld splatter] on one segment. My question is if I bypass the faulty segment will the motor be useable, there are a lot of segments so maybe any ‘imbalance’ will be negligible!?

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
Replace the blown items and test with a suitable 100w lamp first, It is possible the com is still OK, you could try and clean the com up first, easiest if the armature is removed from the motor first, if doing this, take care not to damage the magnets when withdrawing the armature.
Max.

IamJatinah

Joined Oct 22, 2014
If this is an Icon control board, say something like the MC2100 series there is a known zener that fails as well as the possible FET shorting, and kickback diode to check, then the small drive circuit between the programmed CPU / PWM generator IC on the control board and that main FET switch needs to be verified/checked. I have also seen the SCR circuits fail on these, controlled with an opto to the gate and a 511ohm resistor seems to stick in my head for some reason. If the resistor is fried, that opto and/or SCR circuit should be checked. Parts to check for the MC2100....
FET - Q2 - IRFP250 (replace with IRFP260N)
Kickback - D13 - 30A600v ultra-fast
Predriver for FET - U5 - can short killing FET drive
SCR - Q1 - Teccor part maybe
Opto driving that SCR - U4 - using R17, D9, C12 "gate-side"
Also check D7, D8 and Q5 that should enable control side of SCR opto U4
Good Luck!