Transformer secondary

Thread Starter

bwd111

Joined Jul 24, 2013
117
Also could some one go over this calc and why I got this answer wrong as well. 120 v ac primary and turns ration of 5:1 what is secondary voltage. my answer is 600 vac. I multiplied the primary voltage by the turns ratio

120*5 = 600 v ac
 

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
22,111
Vp : Vs :: Np : Ns

Because the primary has 5 turns for each turn of the secondary it is a step-down transformer.
120 : x :: 5 : 1
Read this as, 120 is to x as 5 is to 1

In the above ratio and proportion statement x must be 24.
 

Thread Starter

bwd111

Joined Jul 24, 2013
117
Vp : Vs :: Np : Ns

Because the primary has 5 turns for each turn of the secondary it is a step-down transformer.
120 : x :: 5 : 1
Read this as, 120 is to x as 5 is to 1

In the above ratio and proportion statement x must be 24.
I forgot to divide both sides by 5 120/5=24 V AC
 
Top