Traffic signal of varying time intervals

infinityCounter

Joined Nov 7, 2015
Hello, I'm a bit new to circuit design so I'm a bit confused on where to start. I'm trying to make a simple traffic light circuit for one traffic light where the lights have different time interval lengths. So let's say red stays on for a minute, amber for five seconds, and green for thirty seconds. I have seen and been able to figure out how to design a regular stop light, but I'm dumbstruck on how to do this specifically.

AnalogKid

Joined Aug 1, 2013
Three timer circuits in a ring will do this and give you three independently adjustable times. The timers can be 555 circuits, digital counters, or a combination. What is your skill set for circuit design and construction?

ak

infinityCounter

Joined Nov 7, 2015
Three timer circuits in a ring will do this and give you three independently adjustable times. The timers can be 555 circuits, digital counters, or a combination. What is your skill set for circuit design and construction?

ak
Thank you for the reply, I'll take the liberty to begin reading on how to do this.
As for my skill set it is currently quite limited so much so that I have yet to use IC chips. I currently only have designed combinational circuits and a few very simple sequential circuits. I have a bit more knowledge on circuit construction from some previous lessons but still only rudimentary. Would you happen to have any books, or tutorials you recommend?