Traffic light

vngn10

Joined Jun 5, 2021
1628776322696.png
Hi everyone. I got this project that I have to built the traffic light like this one.
My professor said that about this project "There are two directional lights including 3 colors of LED (Red, Yellow, Green) and BCD. BCD is used to display the remain time before changing status of light. Note that the time for “red” light for each side is defined as Tred = Tyellow+Tgreen. A digital clock must have LED and BCD display for status and the remaining time on each side "
I'm still confuse any ways. Can someone explain the fundamental of this one for me please? And can I ask about the state in this, I'm count down 9 to 0?
Have a nice day, and thank you!!!

Last edited:

RBR1317

Joined Nov 13, 2010
When you say that you "have to built the traffic light like this one" does that mean you must build a physical prototype according to the given circuit, or does it mean you need to design your own circuit and then build it in a logic simulator? Also, since both directions of the traffic must be synchronized to the same count, why are there multiple counters? Should this be designed as a state machine?

vngn10

Joined Jun 5, 2021
When you say that you "have to built the traffic light like this one" does that mean you must build a physical prototype according to the given circuit, or does it mean you need to design your own circuit and then build it in a logic simulator? Also, since both directions of the traffic must be synchronized to the same count, why are there multiple counters? Should this be designed as a state machine?
I got this as a stimulate and explain fully the fundamental of this circuit. Really the prof just send me this pic and then I have to learn it and write a report