Total novice needs advice on zener diode

emmajackt

Joined Dec 2, 2018
There are way too many bad actors sending me links to disaster for me to be willing to follow a link like this. So I will not be following it. If you have a comment please make it and I will read it. OK?
Hi MrBill2. Thanks for looking at the service manual and for your advice. The treadmill was from a freebie site and definitely not worth spending money on. I think I am out of my depth with this repair going by all the comments, so will probably just scrap it and buy one from Ebay.

Thank you all for your great advice and have a great Christmas.

Regards, Kev.

MisterBill2

Joined Jan 23, 2018
Do not worry spinnaker. Such a weird reaction! I really appreciate your intervention and my list has a fresh new ignored since I read his post.
I was not accusing anybody, just describing the motivation to not follow links posted by those who I am not familiar with. I have had to reload the OS on a computer of mine 4 times this year because of bad actors. So don't be offended, please, just because I don't recognize your name. I am cautious, not nasty.

radiohead

Joined May 28, 2009
After a catastrophic component failure, it really is difficult to ascertain what the blown parts may have been. If you know of someone with a similar machine, ask if you can see the CCA. Also, look at the foil side of the board for any discoloration due to excessive heat. Have you tried to contact the manufacturer to see how much they want for a parts manual? Sometimes you just have to bite the bullet and buy an replacement CCA.

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
The treadmill was from a freebie site and definitely not worth spending money on. so will probably just scrap it and buy one from Ebay.
If referring to scrapping the T.M. rather that obtain a new board, it might pay to at least retain the belt motor as these can fetch a good price on the S.H. market, used for small shop machine spindles etc.
Max.

MisterBill2

Joined Jan 23, 2018
Hi MrBill2. Thanks for looking at the service manual and for your advice. The treadmill was from a freebie site and definitely not worth spending money on. I think I am out of my depth with this repair going by all the comments, so will probably just scrap it and buy one from Ebay.

Thank you all for your great advice and have a great Christmas.

Regards, Kev.
Kevin, Please note that it is possible to make the thing work, just not the same as it originally did. A speed control for a brush type motor is simple and cheap, even cheaper if you have a power source that can run iit at a speed that you choose. And Max is right in that the motor and mechanical parts have value for other applications, as do quite a few of the pieces. So there is a fair amount of salvage value in a dead treadmill.