To squat or not to squat...

JoeJester

Joined Apr 26, 2005
They were on the shark tank and in three months, their sales were over 12 million.

Their pitch on shark tank

and the update 3 months later

JoeJester

Joined Apr 26, 2005
The "Shark Tank" does generate some business for entrepreneurs. But the real growth happens when one of the sharks invest in your idea and helps you market it.

cmartinez

Joined Jan 17, 2007
The "Shark Tank" does generate some business for entrepreneurs. But the real growth happens when one of the sharks invest in your idea and helps you market it.
Yeah, I know the show... and its British version "The Dragon's Den"... pretty cool programs

DickCappels

Joined Aug 21, 2008
I think squat toilets are used by a vast majority of people in this world. They are very common around here.

You don't need to buy anything fancy, some people squat with their feet on the toilet seat if a squat toilet is not available.

I will leave you with that picture...

tracecom

Joined Apr 16, 2010
I hadn't seen this and I think it has merit, but I wonder if their footrest is too low. As an outdoorsman in my earlier years, I did plenty of squatting, and while traveling in Asia did some more. The worst situation is when I get a hotel room with a extra tall toilet, which exacerbates the problem.

Glenn Holland

Joined Dec 26, 2014
A lot of Japanese toilets have the bowl at floor level and squatting is the preferred position.

However, I don't know whether it works any better than a western style potty.

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
I definitely prefer a western style toilet. Now, perhaps that is just because that is what I am used to. But when I was in Taiwan for three weeks traveling around I never did figure out how to use the squat toilets without making a mess. I absolutely hated them.

Glenn Holland

Joined Dec 26, 2014
In Japan, it is typical to take a shower while squatting -usually on a small stool rather than standing up.

However, Japanese bath tubs are more like a square sink about 30 inches deep and the bather sits on the bottom yoga style. Showering while squatting doesn't seem logical, however bathing in neck deep water is definitely the right way. :)