Time Spent in VR Games

Status
Not open for further replies.

encester

Joined Nov 29, 2018
Hi,

We know that VR is emerging and the very obvious industry leading this technology is the gaming industry. However, other industries are also picking up pace and are developing the necessary applications that can include VR in their industry. I foresee that someday, VR could be used in daily life activities just like how we are using smartphones now. Would like some opinion of how long do you think people would be spending time in virtual space than in reality itself in the future. If you're already playing VR games, what is the average time you spend playing, say in a day or in a week?

dl324

Joined Mar 30, 2015
This reminds me of the scene in Wally where two people were interacting with each other through their handheld devices and didn't realize until later that they were sitting next to each other.

OBW0549

Joined Mar 2, 2015
Where is all this bubble gum coming from? Did a VR site get closed down?
Based on similarities in language style, posting patterns, subject matter, and apparent lack of any actual interest in electronics, I'm beginning to suspect that all this vapid VR/AI/futuretech speculation stuff is all coming from a single individual posting under six (so far) different usernames.

justtrying

Joined Mar 9, 2011
Based on similarities in language style, posting patterns, subject matter, and apparent lack of any actual interest in electronics, I'm beginning to suspect that all this vapid VR/AI/futuretech speculation stuff is all coming from a single individual posting under six (so far) different usernames.
I was thinking that we are being used for AI testing? A poorly veiled attempt to run the Turing test?

RacerFlash

Joined Nov 2, 2018
Well.. I have a full time job so I don’t get to use my Rift as often as I’d like to. When I do get to play, I probably spend about 2-3 hours per session. I’d like to go longer and enjoy the game more, but I’m still not entirely comfortable wearing the gear. Then I get the occasional motion sickness. Takes some getting used to, I guess. But discomfort aside, I enjoy the adventures so much that I’d love to spend more hours immersed. Hopefully developers can do something about this.

encester

Joined Nov 29, 2018
Well.. I have a full time job so I don’t get to use my Rift as often as I’d like to. When I do get to play, I probably spend about 2-3 hours per session. I’d like to go longer and enjoy the game more, but I’m still not entirely comfortable wearing the gear. Then I get the occasional motion sickness. Takes some getting used to, I guess. But discomfort aside, I enjoy the adventures so much that I’d love to spend more hours immersed. Hopefully developers can do something about this.
I didn't think that VR could cause motion sickness. I borrowed a VR headset once and used it only for less than 30 minutes. So, probably didn't get much of that motion sickness thing. But yes, I do remember having to turn around and take few steps every now and then. I think if you do that a couple of hours, it can actually get motion sickness. Does make sense. Thanks for sharing!

Status
Not open for further replies.