"tic tac t.." stun project, need help getting it work please!

Status
Not open for further replies.

doctor_who2

Joined May 22, 2019
Hi, Don't really wanna use the next T word in case it triggers bad vibes with people on here - before I go any further I'll point out that I am indeed trying to make stun device but at prank level

Mod edit:
Restricted topics. The following topics are regularly raised however are considered "off-topic" at all times and will result in Your thread being closed without question:

• Any kind of over-unity devices and systems
  • Devices designed to electrocute or shock another person
  • LEDs to mains
  • Any kind of jammers (ie - Phone jammers)
  • Rail guns and high-energy projectile devices
  • Transformer-less power supplies
JohnInTX

Last edited by a moderator:

doctor_who2

Joined May 22, 2019
Forgot to mention. On the youtubers schematic, it seems like the RED line is the only modification he had to do
but my problem is... his transformer has 6 pins, and mine only has 5. so that's why it's all a bit of a lost maze for me!

jpanhalt

Joined Jan 18, 2008
Hi, Don't really wanna use the next T word in case it triggers bad vibes with people on here - before I go any further I'll point out that I am indeed trying to make stun device but at prank level... so not high amps, it's the old disposable-camera trick however I'm leaving the big boy capacitor OUT of it! as I'm not the malicious type!
and don't worry I did discharge it! boy that was fun!
Can you explain how a low capacitance at 400 volts limits the current to "a prank level." What exactly is a prank level?

doctor_who2

Joined May 22, 2019
Can you explain how a low capacitance at 400 volts limits the current to "a prank level." What exactly is a prank level?
ah, I'm not very good understanding volts but.... it goes like this, it all started with some one at work, who kept zapping the back of my neck with the little zapper thing you can take out of push lighters.... I simply want to get my own back, I even said 'I bet I can do something worse' (remembering this youtube video I had seen)

I don't wanna hurt but I do want it to sting for a bit.
There's people going round online saying the shock from the big capacitor is too risky. I bailed out of it myself.

Ok, I'm joking with that, but when you say...

I'm not very good understanding volts but.
and you want help building a device designed to shock somebody (which is prohibited by the User Agreement), but not to hurt just "sting" for a bit....I'm thinking...wow this seems like a bad idea.

[sorry, but that is what I think]

jpanhalt

Joined Jan 18, 2008
ah, I'm not very good understanding volts but.... it goes like this, it all started with some one at work, who kept zapping the back of my neck with the little zapper thing you can take out of push lighters.... I simply want to get my own back, I even said 'I bet I can do something worse' (remembering this youtube video I had seen)

I don't wanna hurt but I do want it to sting for a bit.
There's people going round online saying the shock from the big capacitor is too risky. I bailed out of it myself.
I simply cannot support or condone shocking and possibly killing or seriously injuring someone for fun. There is no way to predict how someone will respond to an electrical shock. If it happened to you at work, you should have taken more appropriate corrective action. Retaliation in kind is not that.

Status
Not open for further replies.