tibbles

Joined Jun 27, 2008
i have been using the upload option etc
its just that everyone seems to be able to paste directly into the post

btw thank you for your replies

dougal

tibbles

Joined Jun 27, 2008
i normally use the upload option, it just that other posts seem have pics pasted directly into their post.

thanks everyone for your replies
dougal

bigcape

Joined Sep 18, 2009
Which is the same as using the IMG-tags as per my first post.

Copying the URL doesn't display the image, it only creates a URL out of it via auto-fitting with the URL-tags.

I cannot recreate any of what you have said outside of the WYSIWYG editor.

Dave
Just so I don't have egg on my face making you chase a Red Herring, as they say:

There are TWO ways to reply to a post, right?

One that says: "Quick Reply" and the other that says: "Go Advanced"

If there is not a third then YES it works in BOTH for me.

If there is a third editor I missed then I'm very sorry for running you through circles of flame.

Last edited:

bigcape

Joined Sep 18, 2009
Which is the same as using the IMG-tags as per my first post.

Copying the URL doesn't display the image, it only creates a URL out of it via auto-fitting with the URL-tags.

Dave
I do agree, Using the tags is extra typing though.

Point and click is the wa-to-go!

You guys could incorporate an IMG tag shorcut that may help some. Similar to "symbols" shortcuts you guys have so you get:

Last edited:

Dave

Joined Nov 17, 2003
Just so I don't have egg on my face making you chase a Red Herring, as they say:

There are TWO ways to reply to a post, right?

One that says: "Quick Reply" and the other that says: "Go Advanced"

If there is not a third then YES it works in BOTH for me.

If there is a third editor I missed then I'm very sorry for running you through circles of flame.
Both of them are dependent on your editor setting. If you have it set for the WYSIWYG editor then both the Quick Reply and Go Advanced editors will be WYSIWYG.

It can be changed globally at UserCP > Edit Options > Miscellaneous Options > Message Editor Interface. You can also change it "on-the-fly" by clicking the A/A button in the top right-hand corner of the editor box.

And you cannot paste an image into editor using anything other than the WYSIWYG editor.

Dave

bigcape

Joined Sep 18, 2009
And you cannot paste an image into editor using anything other than the WYSIWYG editor.

Dave
I had not looked yet, but then I musta had that set in the global settings and didn't know it.

Thats why I threw that li'l disclamer out there!:D

Last edited:
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
bertus Off-Topic 0