Three phase transformer

stefan-fan

Joined Dec 3, 2019
Hi,

if U-u of an Yy0-transformer (e.g.) is connected, does this affect voltage-values and/or phases? If so, how? I'm asking because somehow by connecting U-u and measure U_Ww and U_Vv it is possible to find out, how the transformer is connected -as Yy0 or Dy5 or Yz11...... and I have to find out how this is done. This technique just doesn't seem to be explained anywhere...

Do you maybe know what I'm talking about?

Thank you!

stefan-fan

Joined Dec 3, 2019
Not clear what your intentions are!
Two transformers? Or dual winding?
Max.
Sorry, I should have explained the situation a bit clearer...

It's a task of the energy systems course. I have to prove that it is connected as Yy0 by connecting U and u and measuring the voltages between W and w and between V and v (U_Ww and U_Vv). I measured 3,3V each. Without the U-u-connection they are zero and in the vector diagramm U and u have to stay at the same spot because of this connection. So somehow, voltages or/and phases have to change. And somehow it is possible to prove this way, that this is Yy0...

I don't have a transformer at home and I couldn't reproduce this as a simulation Qucs or LTSpice. So I can't just measure all the voltages and phases when U and u are connected.

Yy0_Uu_kl.jpg