This should be required reading…

joeyd999

Joined Jun 6, 2011
Is this a "required reading" thread?

If so,

Atlas Shrugged should be required reading for anyone who wants to live on earth.

Jon Chandler

Joined Jun 12, 2008
"Urgent help needed!!!!!!" is not a good post title.

"I'm a complete noob and don't know anything." This is redundant and usually self-evident.

When asking about connectors, accurate pitch and pin count are required. Clear pictures too.

When asking about components, clear pictures showing the component and wider scale pictures showing it on the circuit board are needed.

Cross-posting to multiple forums when you don't get an instantaneous response is rude and wastes everybody's time.

When replying to a post with a bunch of replies, please don't assume you are the only person in existence who could possibly have the right answer. Read the replies that have gone before.

[Ranting over...for now ]

MisterBill2

Joined Jan 23, 2018
Is this a "required reading" thread?

If so,

Atlas Shrugged should be required reading for anyone who wants to live on earth.
Atlas Shrugged is far more fictional than "The Hobbit" ever could be. And not nearly as applicable to life on planet earth. I have read both of them. A.S. is much less believable.

Certainly the points presented in that linked article are applicable, but I have already responded to quite a few folks with a similar message. So perhaps a summary should appear when a new poster goes to post a query.

Last edited:

LowQCab

Joined Nov 6, 2012
My pet-peeve .........
Realize that the Power-Supply design is quite often the most important part of the Project,
and sometimes, more complex than the Main-Circuit,
and sometimes needs to be 3 or 4 times larger than what You were planning.

joeyd999

Joined Jun 6, 2011
Atlas Shrugged is far more fictional than "The Hobbit" ever could be. And not nearly as applicable to life on planet earth. I have read both of them. A.S. is much less believable.

Certainly the points presented in that linked article are applicable, but I have already responded to quite a few folks with a similar message. So perhaps a summary should appear when a new poster goes to post a query.
Point 1: Ayn Rand was one of the most influential female authors of the 20th century, and, likewise, Atlas Shrugged was one of the most influential books. It should be on anyone's reading list lest they appear ignorant in good company.
Point 2: It is fiction.
Point 3: The purpose of the book is to teach her philosophy by illustration, not predict a possible future, or suggest that any individual character exists in reality (i.e. John Galt, the ideal man).
Point 4: Everyone has a philosophy, whether they know it or not (most don't). At the very least, it is a popular introduction to philosophy, logic, and reason. That alone makes it worth the read. That her philosophy teaches how to live on earth as an individual, as opposed to being a disposable, replaceable cog in society or an eternal ghost after death, is a big extra.
Point 5: For those who can think past what they want to watch on Youtube today, it is highly entertaining and thought provoking.
Point 6: It is a survival manual against the altruists of the world and of history, from which all evil springs.

I could go on, but the fact that you don't like it in no way prevents me from suggesting it as required reading.

BobTPH

Joined Jun 5, 2013
Lest you think I was just spouting woke dogma, I did indeed read “Atlas Shrugged” when I was in grad school. And it appealed to me at the time, mainly because I was unfamiliar with the real world. After working in the real world (both government and industry) and being rewarded for my excellence, and seeing scores of others doing the same, I realized it was nonsense. If you believe it is the “truth”, it is difficult to believe that Bill Gates and Elon Musk aren’t flipping burgers somewhere in Colorado.

LowQCab

Joined Nov 6, 2012
Having some sort of outline of how things "might" work in an ideal World
can be very valuable in changing the way that You interact with your current version of "reality",
which can change your Life in ways that You are
incapable of imagining at this point in your Personal-Development.

Every convenience that You enjoy today came from someones IMAGINATION.

LowQCab

Joined Nov 6, 2012
Both Bill Gates, and Elon Musk,
have long since been executed for crimes against Humanity, and/or, Treason.

Both have been replaced with "Body-Double-Actors" that are reading from a carefully orchestrated script.

And they're not the only ones .........

This is intended to get You to start taking a much more serious look at what is going on around You.

Have You seen the most recent videos of Oprah Winfrey ?, that ain't her, not even close.

Last edited:

MisterBill2

Joined Jan 23, 2018
Ayan Rand is proof that even a really crazy person can be a good writer, Bill Gates is proof that a ruthless person in just the right place at exactly the right time can actually make a few decisions that lead to lots of wealth. And that if you have enough wealth you can destroy every competitor in a legal manner and not be punished for it.

BobTPH

Joined Jun 5, 2013
Every convenience that You enjoy today came from someones IMAGINATION.
Yes, and according to Ayn Rand, that wound be impossible, they would have
been suppressed by the incompetents who are running everything. Thank you for proving my point.

LowQCab

Joined Nov 6, 2012
It beats watching the TV by a country-mile.

At least the images that are conjured-up from a Book come from your own Imagination,
rather than what somebody else wants You to see,
and the images that they relentlessly cram down your throat are seldom, if ever, in your best interest.

MisterBill2

Joined Jan 23, 2018
It beats watching the TV by a country-mile.

At least the images that are conjured-up from a Book come from your own Imagination,
rather than what somebody else wants You to see,
and the images that they relentlessly cram down your throat are seldom, if ever, in your best interest.
Almost EVERYTHING beats watching TV, No question about THAT.. And then, one more thing, is that the incredibly rapid changing of images, which is done so as to avoid being able to focus attention.
And consider that those unable to focus their attention would be much easier to enslave, because they could not stop and think about their lack of freedoms. How is THAT for a disturbing reality???