This just hit me....

Status
Not open for further replies.

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
sheeesh...I only got 3 replies....what a bunch of couch potatoes...
Come on people ..get ur ass off that chair and gimme some positive replies..

I am fed up with just senior member

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
I tend to favor "Advanced" myself.

This subject has been brought up in several threads on this forum in the past. Time and again it was decided by the powers that be we didn't want to clutter up the board. Wookie participated in those discussions, as did I. I have no real opinion.

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
I know..but I can't help it.

I am saying this with respect that Wookie is not invited to this typical thread, since this concerns him....

Atleast I got too mods to respond...Eh! ..not bad.huh!!

But c'mon.. Atleast one more level ain't half bad..

He will be over 20,000 by the end of this year. Atlest this counts for something ...

I tried to give him something last year but what happened was out of my hands.
So for now this would do...

wait how about...Super. since we have Mods and super mods. Super Member is good....

bertus

Joined Apr 5, 2008
Hello,

With an average of more than 12 posts a day, SgtWookie is one of the most active members of this forum.
Not only the number of posts is remarkable, also the quality of his posts is very high.
Most of them are well documented with simulations, wich show a lot of info.

I would say, if it was possible, to make him Super Member.

Bertus

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
Everyone probably knows this, but Wookie has been a moderator in the past for other sites. He has specifically said he didn't want to be a moderator or he would be a one here now.

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
3 Mods...good . I like this.

If it was possible ???
C'mon bertus...u guys makes things happen.

I guess we have to convince dave huh ?
By the way, is he around ?
or do I still need to wake up more members ?

A " Super Member " title will make him what he really is.

Unique.

Need I say more ?

PS. When I like to do something good, I just cannot give up. I will be at it. Well, tht's just me.

strantor

Joined Oct 3, 2010
I agree. Other forums I have been on have multiple levels (10+?) Which I feel is unnecessary, but I do think he deserves a distinction. "super member" or "awesome member" is very fitting. "advanced member" - I think that sells him a bit short.

DerStrom8

Joined Feb 20, 2011
I'm in favor of "super member" or "advanced member". Just one more level of distinction would be good. I mean, if I was visiting the site for the first time, there would be nothing distinguishing the more advanced members with years of experience (Sgt. Wookie, especially) from the younger, school-aged children here who only have one or two years of experience. Other than the number of posts, there would be nothing to tell me that so-and-so is a member who is trustworthy and whose answer, I could know for a fact, is legitimate. Some people may say that the number of posts might say a lot, but I disagree. In most cases, it's true, but not always. For example, i am a member on a few other forums, and one of the members on one of those forums (I will not say any names) made over a thousand posts in less than a week. Normally, if I was new to the site, I would think that he has a lot of experience and his posts can be trusted, but that can not be further from the truth. This particular member posts answers of extremely low quality. Luckily, there is an indicator of his experience, produced by "votes" from other members. This indicator is still extremely low, which tells me that he may not know what he's doing. An indicator of "super member" or "advanced member" would definitely help here--perhaps base it on the number of "thanks" the member receives. I think it would help a lot. I'm with you, R!f@@.

Der Strom

strantor

Joined Oct 3, 2010
I'm in favor of "super member" or "advanced member". Just one more level of distinction would be good. I mean, if I was visiting the site for the first time, there would be nothing distinguishing the more advanced members with years of experience (Sgt. Wookie, especially) from the younger, school-aged children here who only have one or two years of experience. Other than the number of posts, there would be nothing to tell me that so-and-so is a member who is trustworthy and whose answer, I could know for a fact, is legitimate. Some people may say that the number of posts might say a lot, but I disagree. In most cases, it's true, but not always. For example, i am a member on a few other forums, and one of the members on one of those forums (I will not say any names) made over a thousand posts in less than a week. Normally, if I was new to the site, I would think that he has a lot of experience and his posts can be trusted, but that can not be further from the truth. This particular member posts answers of extremely low quality. Luckily, there is an indicator of his experience, produced by "votes" from other members. This indicator is still extremely low, which tells me that he may not know what he's doing. An indicator of "super member" or "advanced member" would definitely help here--perhaps base it on the number of "thanks" the member receives. I think it would help a lot. I'm with you, R!f@@.

Der Strom
You make an excellent point; quality over quantity, and SGT has both. To some degree, the "thanks" here on AAC can give you an indication, but some manner of indication other than '# of posts' on the member's actual post would be helpful. For example, if you click on a member's name, then "view public profile" the click "statistics", you can see # of thanks, and the posts which were thanked, but new members might not know that.

DumboFixer

Joined Feb 10, 2009
Can I just throw in my $0.02 worth ?

Has anyone considered that the Sgt may not want to be singled out like this ? He may not want to be in the spotlight and may be happy with the "status" he has.

I am in no position to speak for him but in his shoes (a place I'll never be) I would not want to be "honoured" like that.

Perhaps somebody who knows him better than I should ask him how he feels about this ?

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying it is not deserved becuase it is deserved, I'm just saying it may be something the poor chap doesn't want.

* should I put my fireproof suit on now ? *

Georacer

Joined Nov 25, 2009
Don't worry. I remember Wookie saying that he would be ok with a comical-honorary title. I remember he wasn't ok with a rep system or being a mod.

Of course he can step up and choose his own present for his 20,000 post birthday.

DerStrom8

Joined Feb 20, 2011
Has anyone considered that the Sgt may not want to be singled out like this ? He may not want to be in the spotlight and may be happy with the "status" he has.
It wouldn't just be him--there are many members here worthy of a higher distinction. He wouldn't be "singled out" like you say.

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
Don't worry. I remember Wookie saying that he would be ok with a comical-honorary title. I remember he wasn't ok with a rep system or being a mod.

Of course he can step up and choose his own present for his 20,000 post birthday.
Expert Member works for me.

IMHO Sgt is worth to be uniquely spotted.

OK Sgt, I take back what I said.
Ur opinion would stop this troublesome habit of mine.

Would you not like to change ur title as a honored title from AAC as ur birthday gift for the post count of 20,000 posts. One count that I have never seen before in any forum member. I believe.
:)

Title would likely be, "Expert Member".

Sgt opinion counts for me now. What say you ?

Status
Not open for further replies.