This is NOT a consumer electronics forum!

spinnaker

Joined Oct 29, 2009
We seem to be getting more and more consumer electronics questions from one time posters. Don't these people read the forum to see that the topics of discussion are electronic design, theroy and repair?

I have not signed up in some time but is there anything that tells people that this really is not a consumer electronics forum?

If not there should be. But I guess, even if there was, if they don't read the posts to see the type of discussion that goes on here then why would they read a message on what is discussed here. ;)

JohnInTX

Joined Jun 26, 2012
We seem to be getting more and more consumer electronics questions from one time posters. Don't these people read the forum to see that the topics of discussion are electronic design, theroy and repair?

I have not signed up in some time but is there anything that tells people that this really is not a consumer electronics form?

If not there should be. But I guess, even if there was, if they don't read the posts to see the type of discussion that goes on here then why would they read a message on what is discussed here. ;)
We try to accommodate lots of interest areas but I will take a look. Could be SPAM or just noobs looking to get oriented.
Links?

Aleph(0)

Joined Mar 14, 2015

I have not signed up in some time but is there anything that tells people that this really is not a consumer electronics forum?

Spinniker you mean ppl wanting product reviews and like that? Cuz I agree that's totally RANK:rolleyes:! IMO helping with repair is ok but we're not shills, customer support or like _fan ppl_:mad:!

JohnInTX

Joined Jun 26, 2012
Johnintx sry but imo that shouldn't include commercial aspects of electronics topic! So if that's how it has to be I say please open dedicated fora so it can be kept off _STEM_ themed areas, tnx:cool:!
Noted. I think TS was talking about consumer electronics and not commercial sales pitch stuff. The latter is verboten, I'd like to see some examples of the former hence the request for links. If you know of some, send us a report. Thanks!