Thesis Related ( 4th Year ECE )

torpedo0712

Joined Feb 11, 2020
Hi guys, I`m 4th Year ECE Student, do u have any suggestions for Title proposal related to Electronics? any advice and suggestion is deeply appreciated.

torpedo0712

Joined Feb 11, 2020
What is it that you encountered in your studies interests you the most as a possible good career choice?
anything related to electronics/circuits. Our thesis focuses more on prototype (hardware), right now its hard to think of a original concept or ideas. My second choice is just to innovate old thesis/project.

shortbus

Joined Sep 30, 2009
Hi guys, I`m 4th Year ECE Student, do u have any suggestions for Title proposal related to Electronics? any advice and suggestion is deeply appreciated.
These type questions come up from time to time,both here and on other forums. It amazes me that the questioners have to ask. I may be wrong, but isn't part of being and engineer, the thing that was studied for the past 4 years, about coming up with and designing things? Things that if not a passion and real interest in life have just been wasted during those same 4 years???

MisterBill2

Joined Jan 23, 2018
A thesis is supposed to be a detailed analysis and study of something that has not been investigated by everybody else, and yet is relevant. I have no idea of what resources you have available for both research and personal experimentation, and so my answers will be "best guesses."
One favorite topic of mine is de-bunking the concept of raising the low voltage system of cars from 12 volts to 48 volts. Several groups are constantly touting how wonderful that would be, while none of those organizations not selling the pieces needed have the opposite opinion. That could be a useful and even controversial thesis research project. A second area, ALSO related to the automotive industry, could be an analysis of why the predicted migration of automotive systems to a single very smart module and a single data communications bus has not happened, and instead we see cars with dozens of smart modules, and thickets of wires. Ananalysis of that may be a worthy subject.

dl324

Joined Mar 30, 2015
I`m 4th Year ECE Student, do u have any suggestions for Title proposal related to Electronics? any advice and suggestion is deeply appreciated.
My standard advice is to pick some problem that you think needs to be solved and solve it. Or pick something you think needs to be improved and improve it.

Obviously, it needs to be within the parameters required for your project.

When you do your write up, make sure you use proper grammar. Why do people use 'u' instead of 'you' when they're not tweeting?

EDIT: corrected typo on grammar and using correct punctuation to avoid additional trolling.

Last edited:

shortbus

Joined Sep 30, 2009
A thesis is supposed to be a detailed analysis and study of something that has not been investigated by everybody else, and yet is relevant.
That was the gist of my comment. 4 years and nothing sparked an interest!!!! I see a very disgruntled employee in some ones future.

One favorite topic of mine is de-bunking the concept of raising the low voltage system of cars from 12 volts to 48 volts.
I don't know about 48V but GM was working toward 42V. It would do the same thing that the change from 6V to 12V did, make the wires smaller gauge and weigh less as a result, that was the big thing at Delphi weight reduction of wiring.