The will of Landru

GopherT

Joined Nov 23, 2012
I haven't seen AG display any of those behaviors on ETO. Maybe...
- ACC draws a crowd that was especially irritating to him
- He gave up tirades as his New Years resolution
- He figured out how to use his "ignore button"
- ...?

Georacer

Joined Nov 25, 2009
That is no cheapshot... Some of those people [apparently ] have no respect for anything.
Are these your words or the words of the article? If it's the former, are you seriously suggesting that Chinese people are harming the environment based on superstitions and irrationality whereas the western world doesn't. Seriously?

Sparky49

Joined Jul 16, 2011
That is no cheapshot... Some of those people [apparently ] have no respect for anything.
I had to read this three times to make sure I was reading it right...

Seriously?????

Where is the logic? My mind is just - ergh...

PackratKing

Joined Jul 13, 2008
Geo, Bill , and others who might have been offended...

The " offending " post [ which I have nixed } was NOT meant to be racist... Nor am I a racist by any stretch of the term...

The utterly soulless abuse of wildlife by some ethnicities , in the name of " medicinal value " speaks volumes for itself, and no, the ones named are not the only guilty parties to the debacle represented...

I obviously made my point in spades, some people have no respect for anything

---> If that shoe fits, Wear it !!!

If speaking out in defense of wildlife, kicking butt and naming names is a banning offense... G'bye...

I'll find my electronics elsewhere...

Last edited:

Brownout

Joined Jan 10, 2012
Ah, c'mon Packrat. Don't leave over a little disagreement. I missed something here, but whatever it was, it's probably not worth leaving the group for. FWIW, I agree about the exploitation and abuse of wildlife.

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
The problem comes when you attribute to one group of people something that is very much the human condition. If you follow the news in the USA it is not unique, everything from companies mass fouling drinking water to blowing up entire towns due to lax enforcement. When an area has a sudden influx of wealth it only makes problems worse, as the enforcement agencies (if there are any) have to handle the sudden potential corruption that comes with it.

AG took it an extra step and nailed people who were asking freshmen questions just because they were from somewhere he did not approve of. No one is born knowing this stuff, and some folks do not come from cultures where they may have had the option of learning this as kids. Common sense is not that common either.

We allow stupid questions. We even let you repeat the same question two or three times, when you don't get it. When you take advantage and use this to aggravate our members then the mods get involved, albeit reluctantly.

Sparky49

Joined Jul 16, 2011
If speaking out in defense of wildlife, kicking butt and naming names is a banning offense... G'bye...

I'll find my electronics elsewhere...
??? Where did the mods say that?

It is deemed today to be socially unacceptable to judge the character and manner of a person solely on where they are from, their colour, gender, accent, etc, etc.

As mentioned before, it is not right to judge every person from country x to be stupid/worthless/uncaring. True, there may be individuals, but that needs to be made clear in discussion, and not simply a blanket statement.

Of course, it works both ways. I should never say that, for example, Americans are fat and warmongering. True, there may be some that fit the stereotype, but there are many who are decent people.

Likewise to say that people from the Middle/Far East are stupid is also wrong. Agreed, there may be some, but today's society deems it not acceptable to judge all people on the actions of some.

Sparky

Georacer

Joined Nov 25, 2009
I'm not sure what happened here.

PackratKing, I asked you if you abide by the words you wrote and you reacted by saying I was offended and declaring your departure?

There must surely be a misunderstanding.

Sparky49

Joined Jul 16, 2011
I believe there has been a big misunderstanding here, caused by the quirks of the English language and the sterile medium of the internet. No malice intended.

Personally, I think such a thread was doomed from the beginning.

Anyhow, how about moving on and enjoying AAC's community? :)

Sparky

Joined Nov 30, 2010
Let me remind people in general of, "The Bell Curve".
In any large population, there will be people left, right, and in the middle of the distribution curve for almost any given question or quantity.

Americans are so smart that they are the greatest power on Earth right now.
Americans are so stupid that the Asians are going to take over America on brains alone.

There are people in every large population that believe one of those statements.
The problem with those statements is that neither of them can apply to all Americans.
Just keep in mind that measuring the people in the world with a bell curve is likely to lead you to a reasonable conclusion.