The ultimate component listing database-A question

RiiC

Joined Apr 29, 2015
Hi All,
Mod, please fee free to move this to appropriate section if section posted in not appropriate.

Which component database is the ultimate component information source? Perhaps a database that accepts partial information as well. Or, which do you use?

Thanks in advance.

RiiC

Joined Apr 29, 2015
Thanks very much for the replies. However though, what about components with numbers and or letters or mixtures that doesn't show up on digikey's and mousers, is there like an ultimate component database that perhaps have information on partial or full part numbers, not necessarily a seller / distributor.

atferrari

Joined Jan 6, 2004
For what you seem to need, I am going, for the last two years, straight to "Datasheet Catalog".

What I like is, that if it exists (well, if you think that you found it), the .PDF downloads right from there and then, your call.

The key word is "catalog". Too many "datasheet something" that bring you to obscure dealers with tons of NOS.

Last edited:

ian field

Joined Oct 27, 2012
Hi All,
Mod, please fee free to move this to appropriate section if section posted in not appropriate.

Which component database is the ultimate component information source? Perhaps a database that accepts partial information as well. Or, which do you use?

Thanks in advance.
Whenever you google for the pdf on a particular part, try backspacing the URL - some servers will let you access higher directories. A download manager like DAP or FDM will allow you tag everything in a folder for download - I stopped using DAP because it freezes if you select too many files at once.

There'a an app called HTT Track designed for mirroring websites - you select the highest folder of a tree you want and it mirrors that on your local drive - but most websites trap and exclude HTT.

Frequently I find repositories of data sheets while looking for something else.

RiiC

Joined Apr 29, 2015
Is there a general rule for the partial information on a part, as in, is the information the beginning of the actual part number, or perhaps the ending?

MikeML

Joined Oct 2, 2009
.... However though, what about components with numbers and or letters or mixtures that doesn't show up on digikey's and mousers, is there like an ultimate component database that perhaps have information on partial or full part numbers, not necessarily a seller / distributor.
It is hard to beat Google...;)