The TOS

t06afre

Joined May 11, 2009
I came by a thread, in which the OP wanted to take out a DVD burner LED and use it in a CNC cutter. The thread was closed. A bit to harsh maybe as I see use of CNC even with laser. Inside the scope of the forum. But that is not the point here. I was looking for the current TOS. But I could not find it any link to the current TOS. The most close I came was this http://forum.allaboutcircuits.com/showthread.php?t=53904
I think the TOS should be a locked sticky in every section of this forum.

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
I came by a thread, in which the OP wanted to take out a DVD burner LED and use it in a CNC cutter. The thread was closed. A bit to harsh maybe as I see use of CNC even with laser. Inside the scope of the forum. But that is not the point here. I was looking for the current TOS. But I could not find it any link to the current TOS. The most close I came was this http://forum.allaboutcircuits.com/showthread.php?t=53904
I think the TOS should be a locked sticky in every section of this forum.
The TOS is on the bottom in multiple places on every page of this forum.

The thread in question referenced another thread that had long been closed by beenthere for safety. Does it make sense to repeat the same question referencing to that previous thread? The question had been already answered once. The answer remained unchanged.

t06afre

Joined May 11, 2009
Ah I see. I think I have never scrolled down so far.
Maybe I am not the only one. Perhaps the TOS should be moved to the top. If that is possible without not so much work.
And for the closed thread No big deal.

Last edited:

thatoneguy

Joined Feb 19, 2009
There's an addon that will put an announcement at the top, right under the user bar (User CP, Blogs, FAQ, etc) that can read "Announcement: Please Read This Before Posting"

It displays at the top of every page in every forum, even while replying.

Have jrap/Dave look at vborg for it to install easily. I think it is a TMS template mod, but will work as a plugin, but could be added to the template to be permanent if it doesn't change, unless you want to prioritize announcements and have more than one.

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
I don't know why I posted to this. I'm going through looking for correction to the ebook before mailing Dennis.

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
Most noobies don't know what TOS stands for. (I didn't know what a noobie was).
Perhaps a notice titled "Rules before you post" should be placed at the top and bottom of each web page.

Georacer

Joined Nov 25, 2009
There is a sticky on top of each forum. I think the sticky is more visible than the ToS.

BUT, the stickies on each forum don't contain all of the info of the ToS.

We 'll figure something out.