The scaredom of 5G

Janis59

Joined Aug 21, 2017
Just read about "greens" article named 5G will kill us in 5 years and begun to think What may happen the whole sum of power in one such tower? 10 kW? 100 kW? Just yesterday I metered a near zone of National TV tower 1209 ft high. In some places there was so much as 1 W/m2 but part of 2,4 GHz was few picowatts/m2 and part of mobiles (700-1700 MHz) was few miliwatts per m2. About 99% of energy, now wonder! came to both MW range radio stations whilst UHF TV stations made about hundred mW/m2. Thus, my wiev is that UHF is radiating out the ray-shaped, while MW omnidirectional.

Last edited:

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
AAC is all about electricity, electronics, AF and RF, analog and digital, PC, MCU and embedded systems, networks, internet and IOT, all things that are endear to us all.

5G is here. Please read this International Appeal: Stop 5G on Earth and in Space.

As an RF professional, what is your knowledge of 5G and EMF in general that you can contribute to AAC forums in an educated, professional, and non-political way?

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
To start the discussion, in our physics research group, one of the experiments was aimed at understanding the destructive mode of RF energy on biological cells. The premise was that the geometry of a circular cell constituted a tuned resonant circuit at a given frequency. This caused the cell to absorb significant amount of energy and would self-destruct.

nsaspook

Joined Aug 27, 2009
To start the discussion, in our physics research group, one of the experiments was aimed at understanding the destructive mode of RF energy on biological cells. The premise was that the geometry of a circular cell constituted a tuned resonant circuit at a given frequency. This caused the cell to absorb significant amount of energy and would self-destruct.
Much the same way that a lit match would cause a cell to absorb energy and self-destruct. Fire is also dangerous.

From the link: Despite widespread denial, the evidence that radio frequency (RF) radiation is harmful to life is already overwhelming.

IMO There is no intelligent discussion of the 5G scare.

Last edited:

BobTPH

Joined Jun 5, 2013
Yes. And there are already 1000s of cases of brain tumors caused by use of cell phone. The strange thing, is that there were the same number of them being diagnosed before there were cell phones. What mysterious energy was causing them before cell phones became the cause? It is a mystery. After we ban cell phones, we need to figure this out so that people don't start getting brain tumors from the mysterious old cause again.

bob

Janis59

Joined Aug 21, 2017
RE: ""As an RF professional, what is your knowledge of 5G and EMF in general that you can contribute to AAC forums in an educated, professional, and non-political way?""

My intention was to find a professional point of view, as every second day newspapers shows the articles with the quoted or even more laughful labels, but exact data about what at all there is going the figures not exist. I dont know personally nothing about 5G excpt the destination and principle. However my field tester will detect it clearly, but it`s frequency analyser part will be too slow. Thus I will be able to guess the share only as rest of power figures between total and all other ranges.

The "Greens" concern was that 5G will have an enormous dataflows, means the average radiated power will be proportionally high. Probably yes, probably not. At least I have made a numerous field measurements of sub-GHz fields for the courts, around the normal mobile towers (0,8-1,7 GHz), and I know plenty of them what shows just less as at average an EMI-clean rural environment. Whilst half about of them have some hedge-shaped angles, where W/m2 are at least order of magnitude near to ICNIRP normative, and I know very few making something between 5 and 20 W/m2 at the residential house where children bedrooms, and child already have leukemia or cancer in his/her young years (thatswhy I meantioned the court). Anyway I have no doubt, IF ANY hard mistakes may be done by local 5G traffic companies, then Greens may smile, however I am more prone to think the 99% of all 5G towers will be not much worser as those 2,4 GHz towers. More over, their argumentation about space satellites (I mean Ilon Musk`s project now condemned by russia, China, Iran and N-Korea) is not very convincing because of geostationary orbit stays 35 786 KILOmeters afar of us. Even if Gigawatts, within such distance it will produce probably a picowatts to square meter here or even less, according to inverse square low. Of course, at least at those article the authors permanently mixed 2,4 GHz with 5 GHz. I am not so much sure, Ilon Musk in his project makes a 5 GHz signal, however, I dont know exactly. So, my humble opinion - sky-stations of planetary network are political fear-seeding tale, however ground stations "giant harm" will variate from case to case and most of towers will make no ANY harm at all. But some very few may.

Janis59

Joined Aug 21, 2017
RE: MrChips - that is the how limit values of ICNIRP was built. For sure, if one tower out of thousands overstep such intensities, its place for alarm. But all other 9999 towers are far-far-far beyound that permitted 10 W/m2.

Last edited:

Janis59

Joined Aug 21, 2017
RE: NSASPOOK: ""IMO There is no intelligent discussion of the 5G scare."" Exact. That was my motivation to open this discussion here where most of us less or more but Ohm`s law know and the best part have practicizind a "think through the soldering hammer" mastery, what is extremely effective inhibitor of making a wrong pre-guesses or going in rope after mal-suggesses.

RE: MrChips
Cant see anything "political" in kitchen-kinder-kirche style mentality people feardom, but if we by our knowledge and experience standing extremely close to RF things will not discuss about such irrational fear here, who will do it else, and where? You are the boss here, and I shall be obedient to any Your straight said command, but I have opinion that Your over-criticism was poorly judged.

Berzerker

Joined Jul 29, 2018
We're all going to DIE!...Global warming, RF signals, Phone radiation, Aliens. Super volcano's.
Scare tactics
4G should have already done us in...... Please give me a break
Brzrkr