The new Siglent, is here! The new Siglent is here!

I suppose that's your new DSO? That's the exact same model I've been saving up for! I believe it's a decent scope considering the price, and Dave's teardown on eevblog is somewhat convincing...

Do have a great time with your new scope!

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
First things. Change that yellow slip ring on the CHAN 2 probe to purple to match the scope CHAN 2 color.

Second thing. Set the probe attenuation to 1X and the INPUT channels to 1X.
Use the Y measure cursors and take some voltage measurements.

Now change the probe attenuation to 10X and the INPUT setting as well.
Repeat the Y measurements and see if the scope took the 10X setting into account.
If there is a discrepancy then you need to update the firmware.

(Another check would be to see what version firmware is on your scope.)

Enjoy.:)

Reloadron

Joined Jan 15, 2015
Seeing them on Amazon and maybe it is time to pull the trigger on one. I have a few older Tektronix analog scopes but that's it. Seeing the new ones for $379 which isn't bad at all.

Ron

spinnaker

Joined Oct 29, 2009
First things. Change that yellow slip ring on the CHAN 2 probe to purple to match the scope CHAN 2 color.
Already caught that and corrected. That was a close one. I may have ruined the scope operating it with mismatched colors and violating the warranty! ;)

Second thing. Set the probe attenuation to 1X and the INPUT channels to 1X.
Use the Y measure cursors and take some voltage measurements.

Now change the probe attenuation to 10X and the INPUT setting as well.
Repeat the Y measurements and see if the scope took the 10X setting into account.
If there is a discrepancy then you need to update the firmware.

(Another check would be to see what version firmware is on your scope.)

Enjoy.:)
Checked. I have the lasted version. Thanks!

spinnaker

Joined Oct 29, 2009
Enjoy your new scope. I got mine in late October and am very pleased with it.
All of the features that you get with this thing is amazing! I like the separate controls for the 2 channels. I always disliked the single control on the Rigol. I was a bit worried about the color for channel 2. Rigol uses a purple for FFT. It is very hard to read. The colors aren't bad on the Siglent. Though I wish these companies would allow color changes for the display. Lots of color blind males out there. ;)

I don't like the power button. I think it is in an inconvenient place for me and my giant hands. ;) The pulsing when off is a bit strange. :eek:

I wish you could turn off all of the status and menu items to give a little more screen real estate.

Last edited: