The JADOSMART dash camera can't use in Canada

LAOADAM

Joined Nov 21, 2018
I bought a JADOSMART dash camera model: 880, which in my knowledge is pretty much a cloud base storage and commutation. that I tested not works well in Canada, this I think I was told at the beginning.
The problem is the map can't change as the one included Canada.
my question is, are there any possibility to do some thing like hack it to change its map?

a Chinese link if you may want to check some thing:
https://detail.tmall.com/item.htm?i..._u=juo61se08a8&sku_properties=5919063:3284566

Thanks
Adam

JADO.JPG

MisterBill2

Joined Jan 23, 2018
So is the complaint that it does not cover Canada? Or that it DOES cover Canad but can't be updated, or just exactly what? Maps for GPS devices are a huge profit center, I discovered. My 2005 Caravan came wit GPS and a CD of maps and I keep getting offers of new maps for $300+. But I could buy a very nice Garmin GPS with free internet map updates for half the money. And it has a bigger screen, but it is not built in. So instead I bought a used GPS for $10 because the cord had a problem that took almost 15 minutes to fix. It has free internet map downloads. Some deals are much better than others.

LAOADAM

Joined Nov 21, 2018
So is the complaint that it does not cover Canada? Or that it DOES cover Canad but can't be updated, or just exactly what? Maps for GPS devices are a huge profit center, I discovered. My 2005 Caravan came wit GPS and a CD of maps and I keep getting offers of new maps for $300+. But I could buy a very nice Garmin GPS with free internet map updates for half the money. And it has a bigger screen, but it is not built in. So instead I bought a used GPS for $10 because the cord had a problem that took almost 15 minutes to fix. It has free internet map downloads. Some deals are much better than others.
Thanks.
Firstly I would say I am not complain the product, cause I was told that can't use out of China.
What I'm looking for is a solution if can reprogram it to upload a new map say Google map?
It use Gaode Map which has only China area.
Best

MisterBill2

Joined Jan 23, 2018
Thanks.
Firstly I would say I am not complain the product, cause I was told that can't use out of China.
What I'm looking for is a solution if can reprogram it to upload a new map say Google map?
It use Gaode Map which has only China area.
Best
OK, now the problem is quite clear. You need a different map than for China. There may be one additional challnge, though. China has it's own GPS satellite system and so the GPS receiver may not be tuning to the Canada/US frequencies. If the thing displays coordinates that are reasonably accurate then you may not have that problem, but only a map problem. That is quite separate from the receiver issue. If it is intended to work with some sort of cloud system, what sort of communication is it set up with? It might use a cellular connection like some systems here, or it might call a number in China, which might be costly.
Does the device appear to simpply have the wrong map loaded? If there is a means to download updates then you have a chance. or does it need to connect with a computer by means of Wi Fi, and download a map that the computer has downloaded? That is the most probable mode. You will need to do some searching because that is outside of my skills set.

LAOADAM

Joined Nov 21, 2018
OK, now the problem is quite clear. You need a different map than for China. There may be one additional challnge, though. China has it's own GPS satellite system and so the GPS receiver may not be tuning to the Canada/US frequencies. If the thing displays coordinates that are reasonably accurate then you may not have that problem, but only a map problem. That is quite separate from the receiver issue. If it is intended to work with some sort of cloud system, what sort of communication is it set up with? It might use a cellular connection like some systems here, or it might call a number in China, which might be costly.
Does the device appear to simpply have the wrong map loaded? If there is a means to download updates then you have a chance. or does it need to connect with a computer by means of Wi Fi, and download a map that the computer has downloaded? That is the most probable mode. You will need to do some searching because that is outside of my skills set.
Thanks.
I guess for next step is the key how it works and to do, should I open it and check what chips it used and can help to figure out how it works?
It is not wrongly map loaded, it is load and use in China. I just brought it out and want to have a try.
Best

MisterBill2

Joined Jan 23, 2018
Knowing the IC chip model numbers may be useful to others but not to me. I followed that link in the irst post and all of the text that I saw was Chinese, a language that I can not read.
So at this point I am guessing that you want to load different map files for an area that is different from the area of the map files presently loaded on it. The process that I described earlier should work but yo will need to discover the map data file type before you can get a new file for the correct area. You may be able to contact the manufacturer directly, the seller probably does not have a clue.