The Brawns

KansaiRobot

Joined Jan 15, 2010
I know this is not a electronic or circuits question, but i imagine some of you have built a robot or something that requires not only the electronics but also some kind of physical part (what the old RugWarrior called "the brawn") I am talking about the place where you put your motors or something like that

So if any of you has done that, how did you do that? what did you use? Acrylic? plastic? how do you cut those btw?
I come from the programming world, my experience with electronics is limited but my experience with building something of scratch is nil! any help, comment, anecdote or suggestion?

GopherT

Joined Nov 23, 2012
I know this is not a electronic or circuits question, but i imagine some of you have built a robot or something that requires not only the electronics but also some kind of physical part (what the old RugWarrior called "the brawn") I am talking about the place where you put your motors or something like that

So if any of you has done that, how did you do that? what did you use? Acrylic? plastic? how do you cut those btw?
I come from the programming world, my experience with electronics is limited but my experience with building something of scratch is nil! any help, comment, anecdote or suggestion?
Check out youtube videos of machines and robots. Take stuff apart, look at how it works. Take pictures, make drawings, of how motors are mounted, power is transferred and gear ratios convert the high speed motors to something that is usable.

KansaiRobot

Joined Jan 15, 2010
Answering my own question just in case someone has the same.
You can cut a hole in plastic with a drill. (I know -basic-but I didn't know that)