The Best advice !

Electric Al

Joined Nov 6, 2013
I need the best possible advice on repairing and refurbishing instrument and PA amplifiers .
I have been an electrician most of my life , and since my retirement I have pursued a few hobbies ,

I can read schematics , and generally follow wiring diagrams .
Is there any literature that can be had on refurbishing amps etc ?

I have been doing this for a year or two , and I wish to continue doing it ,but maybe to a higher degree !
So far , all I have done is minor repairs , cleaning pots , replacing diodes and damaged speakers , and other components !

Any suggestions ?

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
As modern manufacturing techniques evolve, the opportunities for electronics repair become more limited. When I was growing up there were TV repair shops everywhere, and tube testers in every drugstore. I haven't seen either a TV repair shop or a tube tester now for more than two decades. People just throw stuff away now because the cost of repair exceeds the cost of replacement. Without specialized equipment your chances of doing board level repair with SMT parts are slim. If I were you I'd take up another hobby and enjoy my retirement. Oh...er....come to think of that is what I am doing. Best of Luck to you.