The 2000w Harbor freight Item # 57333 Mosfet failure

mitchrx7

Joined Mar 14, 2022
I am from the future. Earth, 8th day of June of 2022. The 2000w Harbor freight Item # 57333 with 2 fans uses (8) IRF260M in the push pull section of the circuit. I smoked mine by ACCIDENTALLY applying line voltage to the inverter output. POW!! SMOKE! OOPS! I found the 200V 50A N-type MOSFET at https://www.jameco.com/z/IRFP260N-M...P260N-TO-247AC-N-Channel-200V-50A_670101.html
The price in the present timeframe the price is $2.95 ea and a QTY avail of 273.

Schematics from 2015:
https://forum.allaboutcircuits.com/threads/harbor-freight-inverter-schematic-diagrams.118260/

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
Who said that?? I was helping others source replacement parts. Why did you comment??
I think your claim is dubious at best. You said in your post and I quote:

I smoked mine by ACCIDENTALLY applying line voltage to the inverter output.

I was trying to warn you that there might be more wrong than you might suspect. I was not aware that you necro-posted to a thread that has been dead since 2017. I did not go back to the beginning of the thread, but straight to your post. You want to play smart and cute with your "I am from the future..." meme, pay attention to what you are doing. I do notice that the moderators have given you your very own thread, so now everyone can wonder why you posted in the first place.

mitchrx7

Joined Mar 14, 2022
I sourced old parts not available from Mouser or Newark for a problem others might also have. Since I've posted, (less than half a day)I've been treated unfairly repeatedly. If this is the type of people in this sites web community I will go elsewhere. Stay angry.

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
I sourced old parts not available from Mouser or Newark for a problem others might also have. Since I've posted, (less than half a day)I've been treated unfairly repeatedly. If this is the type of people in this sites web community I will go elsewhere. Stay angry.
Me, angry? I hardly think that is a supportable proposition.

narkeleptk

Joined Mar 11, 2019
I sourced old parts not available from Mouser or Newark for a problem others might also have.
Not too hard to find a 200v 50A N channel mosfet.

I see that PN instock at mouser and digikey. Is this just a poor attempt at an ad for jameco or something?