Tesla's Wardenclyffe Lab

DerStrom8

Joined Feb 20, 2011
Hello everyone.

A couple of years ago I read an article about Tesla's last remaining lab near Long Island, New York being sold by Agfa, the corporation that owns the land. Agfa plans to demolish the historical site and sell the land, which would be a huge loss to this country. I wanted to show this site to you all, to raise awareness of the project to save Tesla's lab and turn it into a museum.
I don't know about you guys, but I personally would love to have a Tesla museum here in the U.S. So, at the risk of sounding cheesy, please consider what you might be able to do to assist in this important and worthwhile project.
I just had to mention this.
Best regards,
Der Strom

DerStrom8

Joined Feb 20, 2011
I hate how there are "inspirational" edison posters about the lightbulb in every elementary school, and tesla is considered a "loon"

:(
I agree. Tesla has gotten no where near the recognition he deserves, and Edison has received far too much. There is definitely something wrong with this country, teaching that Edison was this great hero and that he "saved the world!".

How can we know it's legit? only 5$ donated so far; makes me think others share my concern.
This article was in the NY Times a while back, along with other big-time newspapers. It's definitely legit, and there's been a lot of controversy on the subject over the past couple of years.

strantor

Joined Oct 3, 2010
This article was in the NY Times a while back, along with other big-time newspapers. It's definitely legit, and there's been a lot of controversy on the subject over the past couple of years.
No doubt the article is legit, I was referring to the site asking for donations.

DerStrom8

Joined Feb 20, 2011
No doubt the article is legit, I was referring to the site asking for donations.
Ah, I see. I misunderstood that.

This site is the official site for the Tesla Science Center project. But if you know a way of checking if it's legitimate, just to be sure, that may be a good idea. There was a site I knew about a long time ago that allowed you to view all of a site's information, but I'v long since forgotten what it was. Usually red flags popped up if there was something wrong with the site. I just wish I could remember what it was....

ErnieM

Joined Apr 24, 2011
See the "m" in Shoreham in the NYT article? There's a road there going to a park on the shore, I must have passed that building 500 times going fishing and never noticed it.

I understand it's just an old brick building. Somewhere I've seen pictures of Tesla's tower in the background of the rail road that also used to go thru that area (rail road was cut back long ago).

I only learned Tesla's lab was there after I had moved from the area. Heck, I didn't even know I was driving over an old RR right of way, though it sure nuf looked like one to me, as the Rocky Point lumber company building looked like an old station to me (it was).

DerStrom8

Joined Feb 20, 2011
See the "m" in Shoreham in the NYT article? There's a road there going to a park on the shore, I must have passed that building 500 times going fishing and never noticed it.

I understand it's just an old brick building. Somewhere I've seen pictures of Tesla's tower in the background of the rail road that also used to go thru that area (rail road was cut back long ago).

I only learned Tesla's lab was there after I had moved from the area. Heck, I didn't even know I was driving over an old RR right of way, though it sure nuf looked like one to me, as the Rocky Point lumber company building looked like an old station to me (it was).
I read that the place is fairly gutted due to thefts and vandalism, but that on the second floor there's still a lot of Tesla's original equipment. I think if they can acquire the property and restored the place, it would make a great museum. Especially with all the original equipment on the second floor. I'd pay to go see that!

ErnieM

Joined Apr 24, 2011
I wouldn't expect there to be much of anything left up there. Vandals either break everything in sight for "fun" or steal it if it has any scrap value.

I'll see if I can find a link to those pictures.