Terraforming

profbuxton

Joined Feb 21, 2014
So we actually started polluting the moon 50 years ago. Great, Mars already has our machines ans possibly human DNA there. Maybe we will even get to pollute the sun!

Berzerker

Joined Jul 29, 2018
Doesn't a planet or moon have to have an atmosphere to start terraforming from? If the moon is still even kinda active you would have to pull the gases out from below. Now you have to wonder is the moon large enough to hold an atmosphere in place? If it was able to hold an atmosphere.... Why doesn't it have one now? Back when it was being pulled into our orbit by the Aliens if they wanted an atmosphere they would have made it then.
https://www.historydisclosure.com/there-was-a-time-when-the-moon-did-not-exist/

There was a time when the moon did not exist
Quote:
In ancient writings and traditions one can find proof of a time when the moon did not exist. Democretus and Anaxagoras mention that there was a time when no moon could be seen in the night skies. In describing the history of the Greek region of Arcadia, Aristotle writes that the Pelasgians lived in the area since very old times; at a time when the moon did not exist. Apollonios from Rhodes mentions something similar; he talks about a time when not all of the celestial objects existed in the sky; before the time of Deucalion’s and Pyrra’s generation (before the cataclysm); when the moon did not exist and the only humans that existed were the Pelasgians living on the mountains of Arcadia (region in Greece). These inhabitants of Arcadia where also known as Proselenes (meaning “those that were before moon” in Greek)

The oral traditions of Colombian Indians of the Bogota highlands in the eastern Corldilleras of Colombia refer to a time before the moon. . “In the earliest times, when the moon was not yet in the heavens,” say the tribesmen of Chibchas (1). Africa also provides its own evidence. According to Zulu legend, the moon was brought hundreds of generations ago by two brothers of alien form, Wowane and Mpanku.

Brzrkr

Last edited:

Alec_t

Joined Sep 17, 2013
Well if those ancient Greek guys wrote about it it must be true (just like everything on Utube is absolutely true :) ). Or were they just science-fiction writers of their day?

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
Any human account of "the earliest times, when the moon was not yet in the heavens" would surely be based on myth. This would be because that with no moon in the sky, there would be no concept of a moon and would not be part of human thought, experience and language.

Berzerker

Joined Jul 29, 2018
Yeah I'm not inclined to believe it either. I also am still up in the air about if aliens are here or not ;)
But out of what I said about the moon not big enough to hold an atmosphere ???
The aliens and no moon is what was thought about the most.
@Alec_t
They had Youtube? WOW! Berzerker goes to fact check.........

They did, They did! Typed it in and this popped up
Ancient Greece - YouTube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lHNwfA1OFpI
Brzrkr

killivolt

Joined Jan 10, 2010
This seems like the perfect dump for my Post, yesterday I was talking to some co-workers about random stuff, Aliens came up, one girl is Navaho. Funny conversation happened then it gets more serious. The kid who works on the departments computers, support level. Say's he's really into the Ancient Alien Series, I said I get a kick from them too! I said, I like it when they talk about sites around the world being discovered, then try to tie them to ancient times. So, I spoke of people who claim to have an experience, such as a guy on a ship in the South Pacific while on watch one night, he seen a craft come out of the water and hover along side the ship for several minutes, then would do arial maneuvers. Then plunge back into the Ocean. This continued for a few days, while other ship mates witnessed the same event over and over. They reported it to senior officers, the officers said, they were not to discuss the event any further, when they arrived to port all those who witnessed the encounter were put in a room and told to never talk about it again, this was in the presences of 2 Men in Black Suites.

Thats when, the Navaho girl said she was into Bigfoot stories. She claims 2 family members have seen large footprints while gathering pine nuts. she said she didn't believe the stories as a child, but now as an adult, say's she's not sure. Which led to my story of the owner of the TV shop I worked at told a story of a close encounter with one, saying he drove up into the mountains and parked with some friends, after a while something big and heavy pushed down on the back of the car, they didn't get out but started the car and left the area. The next day they want back, when they looked on the ground in the snow, the found large footprints leading up to where the car was parked, he said they look just like the ones people claim they have seen and made cast of the prints.

How come I don't get to see this stuff? I would like to see it wouldn't you? My cousin said he had 2 sightings of Alien Craft, ya 2 times once as a child and once last year while smoking a cigarette out side. But, I don't look up in the sky unless I'm told by a friend of mine when Satellites or space station will be seen at night.

Oh well, maybe there's still time yet.

kv

Edit: I corrected Sittings to Sightings.

Last edited:

nsaspook

Joined Aug 27, 2009
How come I don't get to see this stuff? I would like to see it wouldn't you? My cousin said he had 2 sittings of Alien Craft, ya 2 times once as a child and once last year while smoking a cigarette out side. But, I don't look up in the sky unless I'm told by a friend of mine when Satellites or space station will be seen at night.

Oh well, maybe there's still time yet.

kv
Maybe you did see this stuff.

MIB?

SamR

Joined Mar 19, 2019
All it takes is elemental oxygen and hydrogen to create a breathable atmosphere and water. Gravity helps to hold it in place. Terraforming is a very simple concept that has yet to be demonstrated. And I don't know about you but I don't believe everything I read. The definition of Civilization is having a written history (which some of the African Tribal Princes from Nairobi in my class had quite an issue with due to their Oral History tradition, they did not at all like to be called Uncivilized), but don't believe everything you read or hear. Or for that matter everything you learned in school. They tell me a grain of salt helps but I'm not even sure about that.

Berzerker

Joined Jul 29, 2018
SamR said:
All it takes is elemental oxygen and hydrogen to create a breathable atmosphere and water. Gravity helps to hold it in place.
In the first post shortbus was talking about the moon. I'm sure eons ago the moon was venting gases and probably even had water on it cause it still has some till this day. The problem with the moon was "gravity". It did not have enough to hold it then and won't have enough to hold it now......Not enough mass.
Brzrkr

shortbus

Joined Sep 30, 2009
he problem with the moon was "gravity". It did not have enough to hold it then and won't have enough to hold it now......Not enough mass.
But yet it has enough mass to effect a much bigger mass, Earth. The moon is what makes the tides after all.

jpanhalt

Joined Jan 18, 2008
In the first post shortbus was talking about the moon. I'm sure eons ago the moon was venting gases and probably even had water on it cause it still has some till this day. The problem with the moon was "gravity". It did not have enough to hold it then and won't have enough to hold it now......Not enough mass.
Brzrkr
Titan's mass is 1.8 times the Moon's mass and is considerably smaller than Earth's mass, yet it has an atmosphere 1.5x denser than Earth's (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atmosphere_of_Titan ). That atmosphere is mostly nitrogen. Titan's gravity is 1.352 m/s^2. Moon's gravity is 1.62 m/s^2 (Earth = 9.8 m/s^2). Clearly, size is not the only determinant of whether there is an atmosphere. Several articles, including Wikipedia's discuss that enigma, but clearly size is not the only determinant.

Berzerker

Joined Jul 29, 2018
Soooo ? Then why can't we breath on it ? I'm talking about the moon and so was the first post. The article was not about Titan !
You can not make chicken salad outta chicken crap. If an atmosphere was sustainable then why is it not there now ?
C'mon
The sun beat it off
Titans atmosphere is sustained by tidal forces of Saturn. From the push and pull of of Saturn's gravity...NOT it's own!!!!
Brzrkr

jpanhalt

Joined Jan 18, 2008
Soooo ? Then why can't we breath on it ? I'm talking about the moon and so was the first post. The article was not about Titan !
You can not make chicken salad outta chicken crap. If an atmosphere was sustainable then why is it not there now ?
C'mon
The sun beat it off
Titans atmosphere is sustained by tidal forces of Saturn. From the push and pull of of Saturn's gravity...NOT it's own!!!!
Brzrkr
Bizarre.

Berzerker

Joined Jul 29, 2018
The moon is too far away from the earth now that it only influences oceans and seasons.
If Titan was not around Saturn it would be a cold, dead, rocky body !
Answer my question
Then why is there not an atmosphere on the moon now ?
It once had one ? Why is it not there now ?
It was closer to the Earth then! Earths tidal forces made it possible. The moon keeps getting further and further from Earth so it will be less of a influence on the Earth.
They say the ocean waves were up to 100 times higher on Earth at one time.
Brzrkr