Terorist?

Status
Not open for further replies.

shortbus

Joined Sep 30, 2009
Probably won't believe I did it on purpose. I've been having a problem with the "R" key on my keyboard, and for some reason spell check didn't catch it.

Brownout

Joined Jan 10, 2012
Probably won't believe I did it on purpose. I've been having a problem with the "R" key on my keyboard, and for some reason spell check didn't catch it.
It's all good. None of my numbers work and I have to write out all the numbers when I'm at home. Now posting from work, so it's no problemo.

boatsman

Joined Jan 17, 2008
@shortbus Probably won't believe I did it on purpose. I've been having a problem with the "R" key on my keyboard, and for some reason spell check didn't catch it.

If you are having trouble with your 'R' s perhaps you should see a proctologist?

dannyf

Joined Sep 13, 2015
History is often quite educational to look at.

"If the occupy wall street or black lives matter protesters were armed during protesting, they would have been taken down by law enforcement in a heart beat."

Many moons ago, in the land of sun shine, a group of young black men walked into a state Assembly session, with fully loaded rifles and automatic weapons, then legal in that great state.

That event really startled many racists across the country, and gave birth to today's gun control movement.

If one has to be armed to be a terrorist, 911 hijackers wouldn't qualify, the Oklahoma bomber would qualify, and many of the isis leadership wouldn't qualify.

Interestingly, many of the inner city criminals would.

Ironic, isn't it.

What's what you get when you define terrorists by your ideology, not their behaviors.

ronv

Joined Nov 12, 2008
"If the occupy wall street or black lives matter protesters were armed during protesting, they would have been taken down by law enforcement in a heart beat."
Well occupy wall street for sure since it's illegal to have a gun in New York City. Not so sure about the black lives matter.

Many moons ago, in the land of sun shine, a group of young black men walked into a state Assembly session, with fully loaded rifles and automatic weapons, then legal in that great state.

That event really startled many racists across the country, and gave birth to today's gun control movement.
I have to admit it is pretty funny how many legislators believe in gun control when it comes to their work place. Following today's conventional wisdom your Senator should be packin. :D

If one has to be armed to be a terrorist, 911 hijackers wouldn't qualify, the Oklahoma bomber would qualify, and many of the Isis leadership wouldn't qualify.

Interestingly, many of the inner city criminals would.
As I recall the 911 guys has box cutters and the ISIS leaders have people with guns (and knives).
I don't think most inner city criminals qualify as they don't have a political agenda - see dictionary - again

What's what you get when you define terrorists by your ideology, not their behaviors.
Same as above.
Edit:
On reflection, I guess an airplane full of gas might be construed as a bomb when crashed into a building.

Last edited:

dannyf

Joined Sep 13, 2015
the systematic use of terror especially as a means of coercion
It would catch neighborhood gangs, school yard bullies, the PC crowd, media operators like NYTimes, black panthers, Sharpton and the like, ....

It is difficult to define because of the word "terror", whether it is on the side of the recipients or on the side of the offender - ie. one can feel terror without being "terrorized", and vice versa.

And it should not apply to where political discourse is involved: as much as I dislike media in general, the intimidation they delivered should not put them on the "terrorist watchlist".

Status
Not open for further replies.