TENS from audio

Status
Not open for further replies.

atoz

Joined May 13, 2013
Hi,

can someone help me out with a simple amp circuit? For maximum flexibility, waveform is provided from an mp3 player. <= 10 kHz, unipolar, switchable polarity, <=25 mA (assume R<3kΩ).

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
You want to use your body in place of the speaker load?

TENS is a well-known technology but I don't understand what you want to do.

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
You might just use a transformer to increase the voltage of the audio signal. I built a TENS unit powered by a 9V battery, and used a wall-wart transformer (something like a 20:1 winding ratio) to get the voltage up. Works great. Of course the original secondary becomes the primary. That has a low impedance, so be mindful when you load your player with that low impedance.

tshuck

Joined Oct 18, 2012
Wow, that's a long list of safety cautions for using TENS, sounds pretty dangerous for someone that can't design an amplifier themself.

I would suggest finding a new project.

atoz

Joined May 13, 2013
I'm looking for a high duty cycle, so I doubt the player will have the juice it needs. Sorry tshuck, electronics isn't even my hobby. If someone happens to know an IC for something like this, let me know.

bertus

Joined Apr 5, 2008
Hello,

I will close this thread as safety can not be garanteed.
The TOS does not allow ANYBODY get hurt:

Terms of Service:

1. Appropriate conduct. Debates should be a civil activity and can be both enlightening and entertaining, but always keep discussion to the facts and the opinions. Ad hominem tactics and directed abuse are always "off-topic".

Forum members are responsible for the content of their posts, including information they provide, validity of this information, and any extra content they may append to the post. Illegal or inappropriate discussion or information will be removed. When there is ambiguity in the legal status of a request or reply, the Moderators and Admin will come to a consensus on whether the discussion is appropriate to remain in the public forum.

Forum members must not knowingly provide any information that may adversely affect another member; this includes, but is not restricted to, information that may potentially result in injury, death, damage or destruction of property and possessions. The administration takes this matter seriously and has the right to remove any contentious content and deal with the offending member as it deems is necessary.
Bertus

Status
Not open for further replies.