Telescopic Whip Antenna

biferi

Joined Apr 14, 2017
I am looking for a Telescopic Whip Antenna.

I would like to get one that has 2. one on the Left and on on the Right.

I will be using it for everything Off and On maybe Shortwave maybe TV and a lot of things.

I am looking for Telescopic Whip Antenna that can come out to 50 Feet if I need it.

I know I may never need 50 Feet but if I ned say 20 Feet and can just Pull it out to 20 Feet.

If I need 45 Feet I can Pull it out to 45 Feet.

Can anybody help?

biferi

Joined Apr 14, 2017
When you Say Mast are you talking about the Pole that stands Up?

I want the Ant. to go in and out for whatever size you need.

DickCappels

Joined Aug 21, 2008
Such things, if they exist, are rare. I have not come across anything quite like that. The length of an antenna is determined by the wavelength it transmits and/or receives. You could use a spool of bare to achieve something functionally similar and the put a tunable matching circuit between the antenna and the transmitter/receiver/transceiver it is to work with. In this case the antenna would be referred to as being similar to a random long wire antenna.

Can you be more specific about your intended use, including frequencies?

Jon Chandler

Joined Jun 12, 2008
My post disappeared . So the very shortened version....

If the antenna was made out of Coke-can-wall thickness material, collapses down to 8", reaches 50' and you neglect space for the hardware to keep it all together and you assume you get the full 8" length for each section, the diameter would be 1.3". For a flimsy antenna that would collapse with a little side pressure. Not so practical.

With something like a tape measure, you might be able to make a self-supporting antenna 10' long....

nsaspook

Joined Aug 27, 2009
Such things, if they exist, are rare. I have not come across anything quite like that. The length of an antenna is determined by the wavelength it transmits and/or receives. You could use a spool of bare to achieve something functionally similar and the put a tunable matching circuit between the antenna and the transmitter/receiver/transceiver it is to work with. In this case the antenna would be referred to as being similar to a random long wire antenna.

Can you be more specific about your intended use, including frequencies?
We had telescoping HF antenna towers on trucks that could be raised or lowered to change the frequency band but most people just used the antenna match at max extension. Not cheap.
https://www.willburt.com/solutions/...tions/military-mobile-surveillance-solutions/

Even the Chinese versions are not cheap when compared to simple wire antennas.
1669479598345.png
https://www.alibaba.com/product-det...t_catalog.normal_offer.d_title.115762c0hCbsiB

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
For very long wavelengths you can use an inverted-V dipole antenna.

My first job as a high-school student was to measure out cable to make inverted-V antennas for the geological surveyors venturing out into the Amazon jungle in SA. If I remember correctly, we were operating in the 90m band.

1669480010413.png

Ya’akov

Joined Jan 27, 2019
I believe the TS is referring to a roll up center fed dipole and mistakenly calling it a "telescopic whip". But I haven't seen one in a long time. The only thing like it I can currently find is this roll up random long wire. Same idea but a lot simpler. The dipole used two reels with a winder connecting the two to both keep the in sync when deployed and retract them. It also requires wiper contacts and uninsulated antenna wire since it has to have the feed point at the reel end.

1669550480707.png

Reloadron

Joined Jan 15, 2015
I would like to get one that has 2. one on the Left and on on the Right.

I will be using it for everything Off and On maybe Shortwave maybe TV and a lot of things.
Sounds like you are describing TV Rabbit Ears. A telescopic whip implies a rigid antenna. Antennas are chosen based on wavelength or simply the frequency wavelength of the received signal. I agree it sounds like you want an adjustable length dipole antenna.

Ron