Technomate TM-TWIN-OE burned IC SD4841P 67k65yw3j0fz , equivalent IC required

lineofstars

Joined Jan 20, 2020
Hi everyone.
Few weeks ago I had a power cut for all the building and my satellite receiver got broken. The device display does not work, but the HDD it can be heard that it is spinning.The image on TV got the boot image frozen.
I opened the lid(cover) and I found the burned IC: SD4841P 67k65yw3j0fz which is visible burned.
U3 burned.jpg
I would like to know what equivalent can be installed since the SD4841P is a bit difficult to find it to local IC store vendors or it takes 2-3 weeks to get it from abroad.
For example if can be TOP223 or TYN264 and if yes, why.
Also what can be done to avoid to happen such circumstances.
Thanks in advance

Attachments

dl324

Joined Mar 30, 2015
Few weeks ago I had a power cut for all the building and my satellite receiver got broken.
If building management was responsible, see if they'll compensate you for damage. If it was the utility company, contact them.

When my Wife used to work for a power utility company, she knew of claims people made for damaged appliances and spoiled food due to power outages. Can't hurt to try.
Surge protectors might help.

SamR

Joined Mar 19, 2019
For many years now, I recommend 2 things. A surge suppressor in the panel connected to the mains input on the user side of the main breaker and surge suppressor strips for all digital devices plugged into a wall outlet. The panel suppressor is even more necessary now that major appliances are incorporating low voltage integrated circuit control systems. The home wiring itself is subjected to induced voltage spiking from lightning hence the addition wall outlet suppression. I have done both and often experience outages and close lightning strikes with no damage in 40 years. Keeping fingers crossed.

Dodgydave

Joined Jun 22, 2012
No you need to keep the original chip, its a 5 pin connected chip with 3 Drain pins, and its probably blown the bridge rectifier and input Ntc thermistor, more than likely culpret is Overvoltage or Lighting!
Hi everyone.
Few weeks ago I had a power cut for all the building and my satellite receiver got broken. The device display does not work, but the HDD it can be heard that it is spinning.The image on TV got the boot image frozen.
I opened the lid(cover) and I found the burned IC: SD4841P 67k65yw3j0fz which is visible burned.
View attachment 197251
I would like to know what equivalent can be installed since the SD4841P is a bit difficult to find it to local IC store vendors or it takes 2-3 weeks to get it from abroad.
For example if can be TOP223 or TYN264 and if yes, why.
Thanks in advance

lineofstars

Joined Jan 20, 2020
No you need to keep the original chip, its a 5 pin connected chip with 3 Drain pins, and its probably blown the bridge rectifier and input Ntc thermistor, more than likely culpret is Overvoltage or Lighting!
I would like more details about why I have to stick to the original IC....
In the IC shop they said could be alternatives as I specified above, also I attached datasheets....
Can I get a detailed answer?

Dodgydave

Joined Jun 22, 2012
I would like more details about why I have to stick to the original IC....
In the IC shop they said could be alternatives as I specified above, also I attached datasheets....
Can I get a detailed answer?
If you change the chip model number, you're changing the manufacturer's design, and thus risk further damaging the PCB layout, like Fire , over current, Heat, etc,, always best to replace with the same, ..

lineofstars

Joined Jan 20, 2020
Hi guys.
Good news, the IC SD4841P was replaced on the mother power supply board.
Bad news, when I unscrewed the power supply board, I saw other burned area, as you can see in the pic I send in this email.
The worse scenario, I have searched in Google “B TSFM 10100 10C” and …nothing comparing with the other burned IC SD4841P that I have found suppliers on Ebay. So I do not know what component to search.
That area it belongs to the D3 , on the component is wrote: B TSFM 10100 10C as you can see in the pic attached.

Diagnosis: I have picture on the TV, the “OPENPLI”, but in the receiver, the display does not work, the remote control does not work, the buttons in the front panel does not work.
I have to power off from the back side of the device( the I/0 button).
I can hear the Hard Disk Drive(HDD) spinning , and also the fan.

So basically I do not know the component type to search it , I do not know the manufacturer, the "B" letter printed on the component is not helping a lot in this situation....
So I hope with all my heart someone knows.
Waiting your reply, anything could be helpful.
Thanks in advance.

Attachments