Take Home Test Help

Bane

Joined Sep 26, 2004
Hey everyone,
I need help on a takehome test. I have no idea what I am doing when it comes to electronics. For some reason I have to take these industrial electronics classes that I don't even care about. It stinks because my major is Computer networking :(

Anyway, I have a 5 question take home test and it reads like greek to me. I was wondering if anyone could give me some help on any of these questions at all. I would greatly appreciate it. And if you don't have a gmail account I would gladly give out invites for any help.

1. Explain how an NPN bipolar junction transistor connected in a common emitter circuit conficuration achieves class A amplification of a 1 khz AC signal.

2. Explain how an N-channel junction field effect transistor achieves class A amplification of a 1 khz AC signal.

3. What are the features of an operational amplifier that permit it to respond as an ideal amplifier? What internal circuitry is needed to make the opamp respond as an ideal amplifier?

4. Explain how an opamp is connected to achieve voltage amplification of 100 when a .001 volt, AC 1 khz signal is applied to the inverting input.

5. How is an opamp connected to achieve summing when two 60 Hz signals of 1 V and 3 V are applied to the input.