System for Controlling Lights and Fans [SOLVED]

Pushkar1

Joined Apr 5, 2021
Humans control the lights and fans of their rooms according to their needs, Like if they feel hot, they turn on the fan, They keep the lights on when they need light.

Can an AI system do such things ?

1) Is CNN algorithm needed in such a system?

2) So training data is required to build a model, so how can the training data for such a system be collected?

3) Would you suggest any other method?

BobTPH

Joined Jun 5, 2013
I cannot picture the type of system you are talking about.

A machine could certainly turn the fan on if was sensing to high a temperature, but no artificial intelligence is needed for that, a thermostat works just fine.

Are you thinking the machine would predict that some human would turn the fan on and do it for her without requiring her to get up out if her chair? I can’t imagine what the input would be other than the current temperature.

To train an AI system, one needs well-defined inputs and outputs. What are they in your scenario?

Tell us how you see this thing operating.

Bob

Ya’akov

Joined Jan 27, 2019
I would expect the input would have to be the human control of the devices and sensor data such as ambient temperature, light, time of day, day of year, and maybe other parameters I can't think of.

Pushkar1

Joined Apr 5, 2021
I think this is a really poor example for AI.
Bob
@BobTPH

Can you tell us why do you think AI is fails for this project?

The most important factor is time and temperature. Human knows what decision to take at what time and at what temperature. We have temperature weather report every year.

BobTPH

Joined Jun 5, 2013
Which person? What if one person likes it cooler than another? How does what they're wearing figure into it? What if they are sick and need it warmer? What if they ate a large meal and their body temperature is up? What if they are drinking a cold or hot beverage? What if they are exercising? What if they are snorting a line of coke and don’t want the fan to blow it away? What if they are on the phone and the fan is too noisy?

Don’t you think any of these things might affect their choice of fan or no fan? Does your AI take them into account?

I think it is a bad example for AI because it is more like mind reading.

Bob

Pushkar1

Joined Apr 5, 2021
Which person? What if one person likes it cooler than another? How does what they're wearing figure into it? What if they are sick and need it warmer? What if they ate a large meal and their body temperature is up? What if they are drinking a cold or hot beverage? What if they are exercising? What if they are snorting a line of coke and don’t want the fan to blow it away? What if they are on the phone and the fan is too noisy?

Don’t you think any of these things might affect their choice of fan or no fan? Does your AI take them into account?

I think it is a bad example for AI because it is more like mind reading.

Bob
Yes i agree with you. all are valid points for the project.