Surge Protector

Chalkbird

Joined Jul 30, 2018
Hi i’m currently getting into making a proper PC setup, which obviously requires a proper supply of power. I currently have a belkin surge protector rated for 120v (from canada) im moving however to asia where the outlets are at 220v. would it be asvisable to use this surge protector? what are the risks. im new sorry

Reloadron

Joined Jan 15, 2015
Your best bet is wait till you are resettled and buy a surge protector on the local economy. Most are little more than a few varistors configured to shunt an overvoltage. There is a good possibility your Belkin 120 V surge protector would try to shunt the Asian 220 V. An inexpensive Belkin for example typically runs well below $20 USD with many about $12 USD. You want one designed for the ciuntry which you are in. Just my take...

Ron

Chalkbird

Joined Jul 30, 2018
Your best bet is wait till you are resettled and buy a surge protector on the local economy. Most are little more than a few varistors configured to shunt an overvoltage. There is a good possibility your Belkin 120 V surge protector would try to shunt the Asian 220 V. An inexpensive Belkin for example typically runs well below $20 USD with many about $12 USD. You want one designed for the ciuntry which you are in. Just my take...

Ron
thank you for the input will probably just buy a surge protector from the local hardware stkre.