Strong Perfume Poll Do you Like it

Do you like strong, Perfume, DryerSheets, NewFreshScents, Etc.?

• Yes

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • No

Votes: 7 63.6%
  • I'm Allergic to it

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Don't care

Votes: 2 18.2%

• Total voters

justtrying

Joined Mar 9, 2011
I have very strong sense of smell that is linked to my migraine condition. Certain cheap strong perfumes and other smells make me sick. It takes one wiff. I wish people understood this. I once had an argument with a friend who told me it is his right to wear that cheap crap to cover up his sweat (there are better options out there btw) and he does not care that it makes me sick... Such is the attitude today

Re dryer sheets - i actually do not understand why they exist

SLK001

Joined Nov 29, 2011
Re dryer sheets - i actually do not understand why they exist
Their primary usage is to reduce static electricity when clothes are being dried in a tumble dryer. However, the perfume that they are now adding makes the clothes stink (try to find unscented!). It's like washing your hands with perfumed soap. If you can smell the perfume after you are done washing, YOUR HANDS ARE NOT CLEAN!!

justtrying

Joined Mar 9, 2011
Their primary usage is to reduce static electricity when clothes are being dried in a tumble dryer. However, the perfume that they are now adding makes the clothes stink (try to find unscented!). It's like washing your hands with perfumed soap. If you can smell the perfume after you are done washing, YOUR HANDS ARE NOT CLEAN!!
I dont wear synthetics, only natural fibers - no static...

I find commercial brand name soap is overperfumed and has too many chemicals in it. I find natural soaps that work better for me, like 100% olive oil or tea tree oil for example...

N11778

Joined Dec 4, 2015
What does this have to do with your poll?
I stopped eating in restaurants because, Perfume leached into the food taste.
Everytime I smell strong perfume, I wonder just what stink they are trying to cover up.
I second that.

BTW. I started this because a gray activated charcoal dust mask dropped out of my pocket on a van ride.
The person beside me asked what it was for. I replied It's a gas mask for strong perfume.
They all chimed in as to how they all (5 of us) hated it.
The activated charcoal mask works by the way. I got them from china for $1.50 each.
My first test was in doctors office to remove the smell of perfume fumes. "Fumes" Hmmm fits.
they also work good for painting, they remove the paint "fumes" almost as well as the professional ones.

thanks for the input all.
Sparky

SLK001

Joined Nov 29, 2011
I stopped eating in restaurants because, Perfume leached into the food taste.
Wow... that must be some STRONG perfume to linger around enough to actually LEACH into food!

Many perfume wearers do not know that they can become desensitized to the perfume they are wearing. Thus each morning, they apply just a little bit more than the previous day to achieve the same effect to their noses. This is why we men should encourage our women to have an ARSENAL of various scents at their disposal. Scents that THEY picked out (never ask me to choose one, as they all STINK to me - a contentious situation at times, but I'll spare you the details). I once worked with a woman who wore the same perfume every day. She must have purchased it by the 55 gallon drum. You could actually find her by scent tracking! You could enter a room where she had been and know that she had been there by as long as 15 minutes ago.

Aleph(0)

Joined Mar 14, 2015
Strong Perfume Poll Do you Like it
I say all _musk_ fragrances are gross! How anyone could want 2 attract DEGENERATES who like _essence of smelly animal_ is totally beyond my comprehensiono_O! So only conclusion is they are pervs themselves or total idiots buying into marketing hype! Either way the further down-wind they stay the better:eek:!

N11778

Joined Dec 4, 2015
I say all _musk_ fragrances are gross!
Thanks for bringing this up It was worded wrongly t words woman..
More and more men are also using way to much of the wrong stuff.
Cant say the stuff in the bottle with the little ship on it is (was) much better though.