Stripboard layout program - How to generate Veroboard layout from circuit diagram?

ApacheKid

Joined Jan 12, 2015
I'd like to try and confirm something.

Is there any software tool out there that can accepts a circuit schematic and generate a veroboard/stripboard layout, indicating where to make breaks in tracks and so on?

I'm getting the impression there are "sort of" kinds of things, but I can't get confirmation that they can actually do this automatic layout.

Thanks.

GopherT

Joined Nov 23, 2012
I'd like to try and confirm something.

Is there any software tool out there that can accepts a circuit schematic and generate a veroboard/stripboard layout, indicating where to make breaks in tracks and so on?

I'm getting the impression there are "sort of" kinds of things, but I can't get confirmation that they can actually do this automatic layout.

Thanks.
Yes, just use EAGLE or DESIGNSPARK or any other drawing tool. Then set the trace width to 0.1 inch. All holes for all components will align with your board. Make it two-layer in the schematic so you can connect traces from below or use jumpers for above. If you are uncomfortable with 2-layer, set to 1-layer and simply use 0 ohm resistors for jumpers.

ApacheKid

Joined Jan 12, 2015
Thanks Gopher.

I'm trying to see if there are tools that will automatically compute a) where to make track breaks and b) where to insert conductors to bridge tracks together.

Is there anything that can do that for me?

PS: I'm not familiar yet with some of these schematic drawing tools, I'm wondering whether there's merit in me designing something that can do this, it might be suitable for being done in a functional language (i.e. F#).

ronv

Joined Nov 12, 2008
I think there would be a market, but it might be more difficult to implement than it appears on the surface.

radiohead

Joined May 28, 2009
If it is a simple enough schematic, try drawing it out on a piece of paper/graph paper. Check all your (paper) connections carefully before committing your components to a state that will be difficult to replace.

sirch2

Joined Jan 21, 2013
TinyCAD and VeeCad, draw the schematic in TinyCAD, export the netlist and then import that into VeeCAD and layout your strip board. It's pretty good for what it is but it does not Automate breaks and links however VeeCad does indicate if a connection is incorrect which helps you place breaks and links.