STM32+OV7725 Camera Project

chejian6

Joined May 22, 2011
Planning to build a camera for a long time. I was planning to do it with arduino but finally gave up because I found it's hard to control a tft LCD with AVR.

I got this camera kit las Sunday. The main board is a small STM32F103RB dev board, the camera sensor is OV7725. Unlike the seller declared that any body can make a camera withing a few minutes, it take me several hours. I have to download their sample program, setup the development enviroment (IAR ARM compiler), learn how to compile and burn the program. But finally it's done!

Through the LCD you can see the videos taken by the lens, the video moving smoothly. Once the button is pressed a image will be restored in the TF card in BMP format. Unfortunetly about 30% images were failed to be read out. I send email to the seller they said this may due to the impatiability of the TF card. My card is bought from dealextreme, no brand.

Overall I'm happy with my work although the image is only 320x240 and image quality isn't that good. I think I should write some program to do something interesing.

happy developement
D.C.

Attachments

Planning to build a camera for a long time. I was planning to do it with arduino but finally gave up because I found it's hard to control a tft LCD with AVR.

I got this camera kit las Sunday. The main board is a small STM32F103RB dev board, the camera sensor is OV7725. Unlike the seller declared that any body can make a camera withing a few minutes, it take me several hours. I have to download their sample program, setup the development enviroment (IAR ARM compiler), learn how to compile and burn the program. But finally it's done!

Through the LCD you can see the videos taken by the lens, the video moving smoothly. Once the button is pressed a image will be restored in the TF card in BMP format. Unfortunetly about 30% images were failed to be read out. I send email to the seller they said this may due to the impatiability of the TF card. My card is bought from dealextreme, no brand.

Overall I'm happy with my work although the image is only 320x240 and image quality isn't that good. I think I should write some program to do something interesing.

happy developement
D.C.

May I have the sample source code to test straight at my end? If it is possible, could you zip the source and share?

happy developement
D.C.

Hi, From your post I believe you have been able to successfully program the EVM. I also have the same board. Can you please help me to flash the program on this EVM. I am able to run the demo s.w but I would like to modify and reflash. Hence I need your help to understand with what tool you reflashed the s/w. thanks.