Step-Up DC/DC Converter Synchronous Burn

phys8

Joined Sep 16, 2021
Hello ,
I'm using ST8R00 Step-Up DC/DC Converter Synchronous from STMicroelectronics which generate 8V I put this signal to RL (R=6.6Ohm and L =) circuit once I put the 8V the converter burn .
Can some one help me please
1643293187263.png

Wolframore

Joined Jan 21, 2019
Please post pictures of the project, the schematic looks good so there must be an issue with the circuit board or some other issue.

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
The thing that jumps out at me is connecting pin #7, labeled HV to GND. Is there a reason for doing this?
EDIT: The datasheet does not give details on how this pin is to be used, and connecting it to GND is OK.

Next Question: Are you testing the circuit on a breadboard or a finished PCB?

Last edited:

phys8

Joined Sep 16, 2021
The thing that jumps out at me is connecting pin #7, labeled HV to GND. Is there a reason for doing this?
EDIT: The datasheet does not give details on how this pin is to be used, and connecting it to GND is OK.

Next Question: Are you testing the circuit on a breadboard or a finished PCB?
I give the circuit from the site of STMicroelectronics

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
I give the circuit from the site of STMicroelectronics
I didn't ask where the circuit came from. I asked if you are doing your testing on a breadboard, OR on a finished and professionally assembled PCB. Wiring mistakes or shorts you cannot see on the underside of the chip will kill it.

Last edited:

phys8

Joined Sep 16, 2021
I didn't ask where the circuit came from. I asked if you are doing your testing on a breadboard on a finished and professionally assembled PCB. Wiring mistakes or shorts you cannot see on the underside of the chip will kill it.
No I didn't test it before