Static timing analysis in sequential circuit - with clock skew

raziell122

Joined Mar 28, 2023
Hello everyone!
For the following circuit, I need to write the timing constraints of Tclk & Thold, for routes FF0->FF1 & FF1->FF0.
It's given that the clock pulse arrives to FF1 in a delay of 1ns after arriving to FF0.
That's very confusing me, I know how to write the inequalities for Tclk & Thold without clock skew, but once it's added I'm kind of lost.
1706982249702.png
Without Skew:
FF0->FF1:
Tclk>=Tpcq(FF0)+2*Tpd(NOT)+Tsetup(FF1)
Thold<=Tccq(FF0)+2*Tcd(NOT)

FF1->FF0:
Tclk>=Tpcq(FF1)+Tpd(NOR)+Tsetup(FF1)
Thold<=Tccq(FF0)+Tcd(NOR)

I need your explanation please for how do I add the clock skew to this inequalities and why.
thank you in advance!

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
You need to consider what Tclk and Thold mean.

Draw a timing diagram for the signals as they proceed around the circuit and determine what has to be true in order for signals to get where they need to go without arriving either too early or too late.

raziell122

Joined Mar 28, 2023
You need to consider what Tclk and Thold mean.

Draw a timing diagram for the signals as they proceed around the circuit and determine what has to be true in order for signals to get where they need to go without arriving either too early or too late.
I have a timing diagram in the lecture's slideshow and I have also watched some YouTube videos but I still can't understand it well, especially while my english is not perfect.
1706986061031.png

Thold inequality with skew is more difficult for me.