Staggering misprint

ApacheKid

Joined Jan 12, 2015
After poring over code for DAC/DMA that I'm experimenting with on my Nucleo F446RE board, I discovered an epic error in the book STM32 ARM PROGRAMMING FOR EMBEDDED SYSTEMS.

On page 342 is the mapping table for DMA2 showing DAC1 and DAC2 are associated with Channel 7.

Yet the ST reference manual shows that these mapping are actually DMA1 !!!!

I only began to suspect this when I read this article.

What a mess!

(No idea if my code will work yet, but this will certainly help !)

Analog Ground

Joined Apr 24, 2019
The connections between "standard" modules in a microcontroller can be different between devices in a family. In your case it would be DMA to DAC. Is this simply a case of differences between devices? Perhaps the book is giving an example for a particular device which is different than yours? The reference manuals often have a chapter on how modules are interconnected for a device.

dl324

Joined Mar 30, 2015
On page 342 is the mapping table for DMA2 showing DAC1 and DAC2 are associated with Channel 7.
Notify the author so they can add it to their revision list; if it isn't already a known correction.

I contact the manufacturer whenever I see something that I think is wrong. In most cases, they confirm the error and add it to their revision list if it isn't already there. I don't bother with Chinese manufacturers. There's too much of a language barrier.

ApacheKid

Joined Jan 12, 2015
The device is the STM32F446RE, the book actually targets the exact same device (they state this clearly in the middle of page 22).