st-4 diac

Thread Starter

REHTNAP

Joined Feb 24, 2012
17
hi
im trying to find an alternative to a st-4 diac. its odd as its trigger voltage is around 7 v as opposed to 30v of normall diac. they seem to have long since become obsolete does anyone know of an alternative.
 

hwy101

Joined May 23, 2009
91
Either you didn't read his entire post, or you didn't read the datasheet. He's looking for a 7V breakover, and the HT-XX parts are about 32V minimum.
I read the data sheet, I'm confused, thought he was looking for a 30v trigger.
thanks for clearing that up Ron
 

Ron H

Joined Apr 14, 2005
7,063
I read the data sheet, I'm confused, thought he was looking for a 30v trigger.
thanks for clearing that up Ron
I deleted the post that you were responding to, just before you posted. I'm confused, because the first time I clicked on your link, it came up with something like HT-35. Now when I click on it, it gives me a big table of parts, and there are some silicon bilateral switches near the bottom that are around 7-9V. These are 3-terminal devices, so they wouldn't work for replacement, or in an existing design.
 

hwy101

Joined May 23, 2009
91
I deleted the post that you were responding to, just before you posted. I'm confused, because the first time I clicked on your link, it came up with something like HT-35. Now when I click on it, it gives me a big table of parts, and there are some silicon bilateral switches near the bottom that are around 7-9V. These are 3-terminal devices, so they wouldn't work for replacement, or in an existing design.
That's weird, there were no bilateral switches on that page
anyway, I just replaced the link with the homepage
 
Top