Spam

mrmeval

Joined Jun 30, 2006
Can you lock up registrations so the spammers need to go through more hoops? Manually authenticating new users is the best.
Also I think this software can limit new posters in a variety of ways, that would help.

Dave

Joined Nov 17, 2003
mrmeval said:
Can you lock up registrations so the spammers need to go through more hoops? Manually authenticating new users is the best.
Also I think this software can limit new posters in a variety of ways, that would help.
Hi mrmeval,

The subject of dealing with spammers is always ongoing at any forum, particularly inlight of the sophisticated spambots that now frequent the Internet. The process of manually authenticating is the best, however it is very demanding on the resources of a voltunteer lead community such as this. There are facilities such as Turing tests that can assist this process.

Is there a particular element of spamming that you think is a problem here at AAC? We are always interested in the input from the forum members, and will always take any suggestion seriously.

EDITED: I have just received your e-mail and comment regarding the Hotel spam and I'm please to say that it has been dealt with by the moderating team. My original question still stands.

Dave

Hi Dave, I think that besides the occasional off-topic message, this place doesn't have much problems with spam. I just wish there were more members to provide help. :)