Sound3

Markd77

Joined Sep 7, 2009
Yes that's better, just need to add in to the main loop something that calls tables to set up the digits to display, maybe display -- for no note, then decrement note so that you can call a table with the first note at the start. Subtract 2 from octave if that table is the same layout.

Markd77

Joined Sep 7, 2009
Can I use the attached mic circuit? I'll just remove the speaker and have that 10uF connected to ADC channel!!????

thanks
Nearly, it needs to be biased at 2.5V for the ADC.
If you look at just the bias part from this circuit, connect the capacitor to the point between Q2 and the 1.2K resistor instead of to ground. The point that says bias would connect to the ADC.

Eric007

Joined Aug 5, 2011
Im a bit lost! would you mind redrawing it in pain! u can delete the speaker...coz Im not using the old circuit nomore!! please

thanks

Eric007

Joined Aug 5, 2011
I tried combining the two mode together but not working together...

Will have to check that tomorrow morning! it almost morning...too tired!

Audioguru

Joined Dec 20, 2007
You do not need 3 opamps as a mic preamp to pickup the mid-low to midrange frequencies. One audio opamp will be fine and its gain can be 200 instead of 1000.

Are you making a geetar tuner?

Eric007

Joined Aug 5, 2011
A little good news!!

Presentation went OK! answered all questions!:)

And the mic working now!!!:D I can seen waveforms on the oscilloscope when I blow air and speak!!!

Now I can test the Zero X coding!!! I have to demonstrate this whole thing in 4 hours from now so I still have a few hours to debug it...output voltage = 2.4V:)

Eric007

Joined Aug 5, 2011
Alright!!

Demonstration went great! Was the only one able to demonsrtrate a working sound detection (Zero X) of course everybody had their play mode working but not tuning...

As I had trouble combine the two mode in a single program...
I wrote the two mode in two different MCU...I first demoed the pay mode successfully then when I was explaining how thing work...I quickly swapped mcus and put the one with the Zero X tone detector one and both examiners did not notice my move...:D I then demoed the Zero X mode brilliantly...they were both like" :eek::eek: Oh Ok thats nice" " you achieved that" and I was like "Yes Sir" :D...

So that's it ...I used the tone generator software to demo this mode...
initially when testing it before demoing...it was on sinewave mode so could not generate all sounds when I switched it to squarewave...was able to generate all notes from the software (PC)

But as I told here the play mode worked OK but note from octave 2 was not coming out...when demoing I was avoiding playing octave 2 notes...

Then he starting asking me to play notes from octave 2 only...It like he knew there's a trick there...I told him "only octave 2 notes' are not coming out then he laughed at me saying there's definitely something you doing wrong...but it was cool...

Will try combining the two modes for fun in my spare time

Thanks All!

Now I am done with all school projects except for my big 'chess thang' which is my FYP...I will now have time to learn from scratch all my electronics!!! coz I sometime ask some very basic questions that I should not...but it all gud ...

After my 'Chess' project I will go back to my personnal project I abandonned 'Speech Recognition System' as I was really advanced with it!
And many other complex project that I have and would like to implement...

Thanks for everything!