Solving a equation with help of integration.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kntte

Joined Oct 1, 2012
https://plus.google.com/photos/117342881830936664480/albums/5794420642312680769?authkey=CNLKlpiOltKA6gE

I'm not able to solve this problem, but thought maybe some genius out there would do better:)
The p in front of the materials Ω pr meter should be a ρ, but I hope that you understood that. I have come to the expression R=ρ*(dx/(phi*r^2)) using the hint, since the formula for resistance in a cable is, R=ρ*(length/cross section). And here dx would represent the length, and phi*r^2 the cross section if you are using the hint.
But I'm not even sure that is correct. I guess that calling the "length" dx has to to with the integration, but would not dr make more sence, since r has to be the variable here? Or maybe I'm far out now. So if there are any math-genius with some time to spare out there I would really appreciate some help:)

t_n_k

Joined Mar 6, 2009
You are already receiving help with this problem in the homework forum. It's not good practice to jump to another forum if you are not satisfied with your progress.

Status
Not open for further replies.