[SOLVED] Problem with DFRPlayer mini mp3 player (DFR0299)

Mirzan

Joined Jul 6, 2022
Hello,
Im trying to communicate with my mp3 module through my pc and Coolterm but my module send me back only errors. I tried everything but it seems that it doesnt work. The datasheet seems off a lot. My first thought was that the module was broken but I tried a different configuration with the buttons and it does work and play songs. And also im not using arduino and im not planning to use it, I want to make with a microcontroller this project, so for now im using the pc.
One thing that crossed my mind was the data bits: 1 is what the module wants, but I only have at minimum 5
https://wiki.dfrobot.com/DFPlayer_Mini_SKU_DFR0299#target_4 -> data sheet
1661761671039.png
example of what I send.

Ya’akov

Joined Jan 27, 2019
There seems to be an error in the documentation. There is no such thing as “1 data bit”. It almost certainly wants what is called 9600 8N1, which is shorthand for 9600bps, 8 data bits, no parity bit, and 1 stop bit.

That configuration should work but if it doesn’t it is very likely the line ending that is the problem. This is not specified in the documenation but there are only really four possibilities and you can just try them: carriage return (CR), line feed (LF), CR+LF, none.

I have used modules that wanted no line ending and worked just by knowing the commands were fixed length. Some terminal’s can’t do this, I don’t know about yours.

Mirzan

Joined Jul 6, 2022
There seems to be an error in the documentation. There is no such thing as “1 data bit”. It almost certainly wants what is called 9600 8N1, which is shorthand for 9600bps, 8 data bits, no parity bit, and 1 stop bit.

That configuration should work but if it doesn’t it is very likely the line ending that is the problem. This is not specified in the documenation but there are only really four possibilities and you can just try them: carriage return (CR), line feed (LF), CR+LF, none.

I have used modules that wanted no line ending and worked just by knowing the commands were fixed length. Some terminal’s can’t do this, I don’t know about yours.
thank you very much, I found the error. it was the cheksum, apperantly you don't need to send one..
This datasheet sucks..